In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Someone had to be sacrificed for this:

IMG_3174.jpeg

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Literally no reason to fire him. No one was going to make that group do anything. Should just keep whatever coach you have til their contract expires or you finally have a group that could do something.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think Quinn is a good coach, but I feel bad for the guy. I mean what is he supposed to do with that roster, and it's not getting any better any time soon with San Jose. Just pointless to hire another coach who is going to have another miserable record. It would be one thing if you were already adding some young talent to the team starting next season, and want them to have a different coach. But this isn't the case.

I'm sorry, but Mike Grier has not impressed me in the least so far with his track record of trades and other moves.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rebuilding, weak roster, yeah gotta be the coach lol. Maybe they want someone younger to grow with their new core
Grier hired him didn't he? Already done with his first HC hire. At this stage where SJ is, no HC they have will be around when they are ready to compete for the PO. Will be their version of Dallas Eakins in Ana, or Blashill in Det. There for the really terrible years and then fired to bring someone else to turn the corner of losing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Successful tank commander gets canned? Where is the justice!
Honestly, SJ right now is not a great destination for a HC. Long way to go to build the team back up. Going to be bottom 5-7 for another 3 seasons it appears. Really, little to no hope of a 2nd contract with them. Which also limits chances of another HC job in the NHL in the future.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They were obviously tanking the season and they fire their head coach afterwards? Odd move...

Maybe he was too frank in his exit interview?

I wonder what Grier does for roster building with kids. There is a guy with USA hockey ties who is currently unemployed as of last week who might be an option...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad