GDT: Sharks @ Bolts 4pm

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have to think that just made Jones starting tomorrow. That was just lazy.
I don’t wanna see Dell again. I don’t wanna see Jones again either, but ridding him is not realistic right now. ONe of the Cuda guys has to be better than Dell. He’s too small and leaves too much net.

Pucks that go in on him that don’t look like bad goals hit most goalies. He sucks. He’s Andrew Hammond 2.0, if Hammond weren’t sent back to the AHL. That’s where Dell belongs.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
We haven't played Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Colorado, or Dallas yet this year. Still got another with Boston, Tampa, NYI, Toronto, and Washington. This team very well could miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Reggae Shark

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
We haven't played Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Colorado, or Dallas yet this year. Still got another with Boston, Tampa, NYI, Toronto, and Washington. This team very well could miss the playoffs.

Been telling you guys that giving a draft lottery winner to Ottawa is a definite possibility.

The problem with the Sharks is they are too easy to shutdown by good teams by:

1- Play Karlsson tight in his defense zone to take away his puck moving skill. Karlsson plays small in physical contested space, and teams are noticing this.
2- Pressure the points when on defense because the Sharks rely too much on shots from the point, either going in or being tipped.
3- Shutdown the one line that produces as the Sharks with this lack of depth on the forwards, and PDB's handicapped system, can only field one strong line.
4- Let Jones and Dell work for the opponent.

The top 3 defense men are more than 2/3rds of the forwards payroll on this team. Plus the these top 3 defense men are paid more than their corresponding top 3 fowards on the team as well. Too much money is tied up in a single position, and whats left to buy forwards is not enough. It would be different if DW had quality draft picks tied up in ELC, but he's been trading away that future for the now and the bill is going to come due sooner or later.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Worst sharks game I’ve been to in a long time. A few observations:

1. I wonder if the PP is still the last of Deboer’s concerns because it is f***ing atrocious. I’m convinced that the only reason Spott still has a job is because Pete doesn’t want to lose his euchre partner on road trips. The guy just flat out sucks at his job.

2. the Sharks are allergic to shooting the puck from the middle of the ice. They passed up two chances from the slot in the first five minutes. They either pass it up high or kick the puck to the outside on the rush. I’ll never understand the point of that.

3. the Penguins had a better record than the sharks do now when they fired their coach in 2016 after only a year of him being the HC. I’ve never been an advocate of firing Doug but if he’s going to hang on to this loser coaching staff he can go to. Sick of seeing guys like Quennville and Trotz out there for the taking and we just stick with this moron.

<end of rant>

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
That was a shellacking. Hopefully, this wakes our boys up. I have no doubt that DW is keeping this game at the front of his thoughts.
Get rest tonight and get at those Panthers!

Go Sharks!!

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
End of the 2nd I would have said the Sharks looked pretty great for the most part. Seemed like they controlled most of the play and were getting good looks but just couldn't finish. To Give up 4 in the 3rd though. They just gave up and mailed it in. This team seems to have a laziness problem.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
End of the 2nd I would have said the Sharks looked pretty great for the most part. Seemed like they controlled most of the play and were getting good looks but just couldn't finish. To Give up 4 in the 3rd though. They just gave up and mailed it in. This team seems to have a laziness problem.
It's a confidence issue, games go sideways and then they collapse. They were fine until the double minor even though they were behind.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Any good holiday movies on Netflix/Disney+/Amazon? I've seen die hard and Santa Clause, but I think I might want to watch a Holiday movie tonight. Nothing violent.
Kids loved Mickey's "Once Upon a Christmas" when they were little (3 or 4 different stories if I recall). Of course I loved watching it with them. I've always heard good things about Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" but never had occasion to watch.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Kids loved Mickey's "Once Upon a Christmas" when they were little (3 or 4 different stories if I recall). Of course I loved watching it with them. I've always heard good things about Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" but never had occasion to watch.

I decided it was getting late so I watched Black Cauldron instead. I've been curious about the Disney Era before Little Mermaid and watched Oliver and Company a few weeks ago. Decided to do Cauldron last night. That was a pretty dark film for 1985.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad