Post-Game Talk: Sharks beats the Wild 4-2

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We should have beat the Blues. That is one game they should have come out guns blazing, yet they looked unprepared. Because this road trip wasn't going to be easy by any means.

Na. I understand the Blues. A very physical and disciplined team. And that is becoming more and more of a problem. This team is unprepared.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Na. I understand the Blues. A very physical and disciplined team. And that is becoming more and more of a problem. This team is unprepared.
Playing the Kings and Jackets in their buildings right now just makes me sick. I know I'm being a major Debbie Downer here, but I could easily see them going 0-3 on this trip.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think he's trying to make it all sound like self defense. :shakehead
He should know that you only do that when there are no witnesses or VIDEO of it. :laugh: Now, I haven't watched the video, so if we're overlooking it, then my apologies. But if there is no slew foot on the footage, then why bother lying? :biglaugh:

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota

About halfway through he says "fortunately I got him" ... pause ... "but I didn't want to hurt him".

He realizes he slips up with that and then tries to correct it with the completely implausible 'no intent to injure' BS.

Gimme a break. How can anyone take that type of vicious two-handed swing and not expect it to hurt the recipient? Sounded like he was auditioning for his conference all with Shannahan.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
The loss of Cullen hurts a lot here as we have been struggling to find lines that work. However, that top line is going to be just dynamite, so we just have to hope that we can find a few ways to win while Cullen is recovering.

The second and third line need to find some sort of chemistry, but I don't really know where to start since Bouchard and Seto can play fast, however, Brodziak or Coyle don't really seem to "fit" that line. We just need to be better than we have been. This team will find a way out of the funk they are in, and I think they could win the next two. If we do that, we'll be back in a good spot again.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
About halfway through he says "fortunately I got him" ... pause ... "but I didn't want to hurt him".

He realizes he slips up with that and then tries to correct it with the completely implausible 'no intent to injure' BS.

Gimme a break. How can anyone take that type of vicious two-handed swing and not expect it to hurt the recipient? Sounded like he was auditioning for his conference all with Shannahan.

Yeah he's just full of it. When you use your stick like an axe or a ****ing bat on someone's limb, you're likely to cause serious damage.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
What is Yeo's fetish with Stoner? I mean Falk and Clark might not be All-stars but Stoner has been completely garbage for quite a while now and on top of that has been taking terrible penalties.

Furthermore, Stoner and Spurgeon just can't ever seem to break out of our zone and it kills us. It seems either one of them ices it, or Stoner passes it to the other team.

We constantly talk about being a good transition team and that the first pass is so important, so why do we have two d-men who can't make a clean breakout pass to save their lives playing together?

At least Spur is competent on the pp (as long as it doesn't require holding the puck in the o-zone).

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I still say Clutter goes. And if he asks for a nice raise, he definitely goes. He's no longer the same player he was a couple years back. And Seto....to be honest, I'm still not sure if we're keeping him. He's a very streaky scorer. It'll be interesting to see how he does without Cullen.

Couldn't disagree more with all of this. Clutterbuck is a fan favorite and a great third liner. Just because he's not having a career year this year doesn't mean we're gonna jettison him. He brings energy and physicality to the lineup and plays a vital role in general.

As for Seto, he may be streaky but frankly that doesn't matter much if he's streaky for 20-30 goals a year. He's great on the second line. Let good enough alone on that one.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
We need 6 wins atleast. 6 wins and we are probly in the playoffs.(Edmonton would have to get 9 wins in 12 games to beat us)

You can DO IT WILD!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Couldn't disagree more with all of this. Clutterbuck is a fan favorite and a great third liner. Just because he's not having a career year this year doesn't mean we're gonna jettison him. He brings energy and physicality to the lineup and plays a vital role in general.

As for Seto, he may be streaky but frankly that doesn't matter much if he's streaky for 20-30 goals a year. He's great on the second line. Let good enough alone on that one.

Clutterbuck is going to get a raise that his play is not worth. He will be jettisoned if the team can be improved.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Honestly didn't even see if Falk played last night, was he in? Did Clark play? Seemed like only four defensemen were on the ice. If Stoner counts as a defenseman. Christ, he was bad.

Clark was a healthy scratch and I cant figure out why.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Clark was a healthy scratch and I cant figure out why.

After last nights performance by Stoner, I think it's good for Clark to start getting comfy playing pretty much every night now. Sheesh was Stoner bad last night. Don't know if he was drunk, or high or what his problem was, but he was so much worse than what he even normally is. Something had to be up with the poor hapless dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad