Post-Game Talk: Sharks beats the Wild 4-2

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
We picked a horrible time to suck.

I agree, but I do expect a bit of a bounce from this Pommer deal we did yesterday. This team is in dire need of some rest, and some practices. And a serious butt chewing in a team meeting by our captains, to the rest of the team. It's time for all this team leadership we got to do what it's supposed to do.

Billy Mays Here*

Well if we were gonna suck this is the time I knew it would happen. Facing very good teams, many of them on the road, with no more than one day's rest in between for the next couple weeks.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
tell me you were confident going into last night looking at the lineup. surprised or disappointed we lost? Shouldn't be.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am not surprised in the least but now I'm a bit nervous. We are in a slight slump even if there's a reason for it. I am scared of how long this slump might continue. Would love some points tonight to toss away the nervousness.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
We all had to know a slump was inevitable...now let's hope that slump was just two games and doesn't extend beyond that. We have some tough games coming up against Chicago and St Louis when we get home after Columbus..

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Ideally, if we could get 1-2 points tonight, 2 against Columbus, 1 against Chicago, 2 against St. Louis that would work. lol

I guess just take it one game at a time and fight for points is the way to go.

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
agreed with the last couple posters no need to panic. Sure they haven't looked that good the last couple games but thats going to happen even to the best teams. Think we'll rally tonight with pommer

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I agree, but I do expect a bit of a bounce from this Pommer deal we did yesterday. This team is in dire need of some rest, and some practices. And a serious butt chewing in a team meeting by our captains, to the rest of the team. It's time for all this team leadership we got to do what it's supposed to do.

I honestly don't know what they're supposed to do except do their best while they're out there on the ice, show the others they haven't given up and (most importantly) not panic. As long as they do all that, I have no beef with them.

The defense is thin as paper, no butt chewing's going to turn them all into Brodins and Suters. Sometimes you can make chicken **** look like chicken salad in the short term, but it will never be a long term thing. Cullen and Heatley are injured, no butt chewing's going to make them get better any faster. These are unfortunate facts that no leaders can change, no matter how good they are.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Hey guys, Sharks fan, here completely in peace. Obviously can't condone a slash like that, never should have happened. Apparently, though, it wasn't the slash that caused whatever the injury is. Got this from hockeyfights:

NEW YORK -- San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been fined $8,378.38, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for slashing Minnesota Wild forward Dany Heatley in NHL Game No. 542 in San Jose on Wednesday, April 3, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 20:00 of the third period. Vlasic was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for slashing.

A review of the incident that included a conversation with the Minnesota Wild confirmed that Heatley suffered an injury in an ensuing scrum and not as a result of Vlasic's slash.

As a first-time offender, the maximum Vlasic could be fined was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Hope Heatley isn't out anywhere near as along as is being expected, and that he heals up fine. Looking forward to our next game against you guys.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Caught the end of Around the Horn just as J.A. Adande called Ryan Suter "token resistance" on the Danny Boyle goal. The only thing token about that sequence is ESPN giving a minute to talking about hockey.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Hey guys, Sharks fan, here completely in peace. Obviously can't condone a slash like that, never should have happened. Apparently, though, it wasn't the slash that caused whatever the injury is. Got this from hockeyfights:

Hope Heatley isn't out anywhere near as along as is being expected, and that he heals up fine. Looking forward to our next game against you guys.

So is Konopka Rupp and Stoner I think..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad