GDT: Sharks @ Avs 11-1-15

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why is it a waste? Sure there might not be any contact. But then again nobody fully understands what is or is not against the rules for these challenges. So the outcome is lose 1 of 2 time outs with 1 minute left in the game or the goal is waved off. That is a pretty good time to do the challenge. There is no rish but big rewards.

It did turn out to really be a waste, Roy had no timeout when they pulled to within one.

If he really used it, just to take a timeout as Jamie Baker implied, I guess it wasn't a waste.

Other than that though, it seems so many take it just to take it.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Seriously, if it's just me being crazy then I'll shut up and say nothing more about it, but how was that not a headshot by McLeod? He literally jumped into Braun's head...

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Seriously, if it's just me being crazy then I'll shut up and say nothing more about it, but how was that not a headshot by McLeod? He literally jumped into Braun's head...

I feel like it wasn't looked at because he was too busy kicking the puck off of Everberg.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I usually don't rush to call out flukes, but two of the Avalanche goals were pretty fluky today.

Maybe the second one wasn't a huge one, but that last one was a weird one.

Maybe even weirder than the puck off the glass and Jones back from a couple weeks ago.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I usually don't rush to call out flukes, but two of the Avalanche goals were pretty fluky today.

Maybe even weirder than the puck off the glass and Jones back from a couple weeks ago.

The third one was definitely fluky. Jones played the bad bounce the best he could and even the rebound shot/kick was lucky to go in.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Really glad about Ward and the Martins. They're all looking great so far. Burns is a completely different defenseman with Martin by his side.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Happy to get the 2 points (especially in regulation).

But jesus does the play need to improve - and stop giving away penalties!

I feel like they got too much confidence in their PK in the beginning of the year and now its just died in the ass. But it hasn't stopped them giving away the penalties.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Really glad about Ward and the Martins. They're all looking great so far. Burns is a completely different defenseman with Martin by his side.

Yup, after we signed him I had high hopes reading all the things that Martin did for Letang. Really glad to see he is doing similar stuff for Burns.

Defense looks like a complete train-wreck the moment we lose anyone out of the top 4 though, so here's to staying healthy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was scared when I first heard about the Joel Ward signing, I thought it was gonna be 4 years at $4.5 million or more per year. They hadn't announced details until a couple hours after the signing was announced.

Then it came out that it was only 3 years and at a little over $3 million per. I was relieved and thought that was VERY fair.

He's been awesome so far.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
It did turn out to really be a waste, Roy had no timeout when they pulled to within one.

If he really used it, just to take a timeout as Jamie Baker implied, I guess it wasn't a waste.

Other than that though, it seems so many take it just to take it.

Then why wasn't the Avs coach hundled with his players to go over the late game strategy? I'm wondering if the rules don't allow this since I noticed DeBoer was not doing that either yesterday. Coach's challenge seem to result in a timeout length longer than a normal timeout, imo.

I guess Jones will not cut it as the Giant's shortstop since he cannot handle the wicked bounce out in the infield!

I give DW the thumbs up those two signings, and I'm not a DW fan club member by any far stretch.

This was a much needed win to keep the Sharks from falling below .500, and within two points of the Canucks, and potentially four of the Kings. Sharks need more work though as they should have had the Avs put away in the 2nd.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yay winning ! Now in fairness to the Sharks I did wake up at 6am for a flight but still I literally fell asleep during the 2nd period. The 3rd woke me up again though :)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Marleau, Hertl, Ward, and Burns carried this team. Solid and honest effort from all the boys but those four were making things happen. Burns did play the second goal terribly though.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

SNOG
4-3 Shawks
Pavelski x2, Thornton, Hertl
Iginla, Duchene, MacKinnon

Looks like your second career SNOG, but it's nice to bring honor to your new namesake. Congrats!

SNOG%202015-11-01_zpsolsx4grc.jpg

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Oct. 7 at LA| CanadienShark | Sharks 5-1
Oct. 10 vs ANH| crzymexicanbeer | Sharks 2-0
Oct. 13 at WAS| none | Sharks 5-0
Oct. 16 at NJ| Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer | Sharks 2-1 SO
Oct. 17 at NYI| none | Islanders 6-3
Oct. 19 at NYR| none | Rangers 4-0
Oct. 22 vs LA| magic school bus | Kings 4-1
Oct. 24 vs CAR| SwolePatrol | Sharks 5-2
Oct. 28 vs NSH| none | Predators 2-1
Oct. 31 at DAL| none | Stars 5-3
Nov. 1 at COL| The Great John Scott | Sharks 4-3

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) CanadienShark, crzymexicanbeer, magic school bus, Painful Quandary, SwolePatrol, TheJuxtaposer, The Great John Scott (1)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad