Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5 Penguins 3|Sid -5|The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Indifference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
springfield-tire-fire.png

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
-Sid
-JJ
-Geno
----Bylsma is still a part of the organization
----------Orpik

+++Zattkof
+++Despres
+++++++++++++++++Maatta

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
What a ****ing gong-show of a game and team.

I can't wait for the curb-stomping that we're going to take tomorrow. :help:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Great 1st period.
Sharks ramped their game up and just took over the rest of the way. No response. Typical Bylsma hockey.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will say it again and sound like a broken record:

That Sharks team reminded me of the Pens in 2009. Down 1 goal, 2 goals, tie game, up 1 goal - they never stopped busting their ass and playing hard. I loved how they sent two guys in a lot and forced the Pens to make long ass passes with 3 guys ready to pounce. I loved everything the Sharks did. They flat out deserved to win.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
-Can't even root for failure because I know nothing will change.
+We like our group going forward! Goodie bags at the door, everyone's a winner!

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

That Sharks team reminded me of the Pens in 2009. Down 1 goal, 2 goals, tie game, up 1 goal - they never stopped busting their ass and playing hard. I loved how they sent two guys in a lot and forced the Pens to make long ass passes with 3 guys ready to pounce. I loved everything the Sharks did. They flat out deserved to win.

And the Penguins tonight reminded me of the Penguins in Game 1 against the Flyers in 2012. Dominated in the 1st period, got walked over in the final 40 minutes.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pens should retire Iceburgh and just use Dustin Jeffrey as the mascot. Once a skilled fountain of belief, now a slow, decrepit wreck of depression.

The Big Dawg*

I hope we get demolished by the Flyers in the first round So Shero and his butt buddy can get the **** out of my city.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
- Despres. Look at Maatta's play vs. Despres play. Simple example of why this guy has been in the minors and why we have to rely on Bortuzzo and Engo to hold down. He's got all the skills, but the pinch on the short handed goal was horrible.

- Zatkoff. The Thorton goal was atrocious. Fleury level atrocious.

+ Maatta. I'm finally coming around on this kid literally having no flaws. God, we are so lucky we kept him instead of Morrow in the Morrow trade.

- Everyone else. We already knew that. I guess Goc looked good. Please, Letang Vokoun and Martin come save us.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
All I have to say. ***** about depth all you want. A coach can make a crappy team into a contender. ****, look at Ted Nolan. He made a Latvia team compete with Canada. He just won 4 out of the last 5 games after the Olympic break and not against other crappy teams. You need a system. Motivation. Accountability. I used to be dazzled by Geno and Sid and their generational talent. It is much more important than that. Sid played like **** tonight. You couldn't tell he was one of the best in the world. Tyler Myers had more impressive highlights tonight.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Bigs, the thread title is perfection. I feel like you should drop the mic and just walk away. :laugh:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
While I still think we need another top winger...teams have won cups with less talent than we have now... Id bet no modern cup winner has had less structure and discipline though

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

This is an easy criticism when the Sharks bottom line out heightens our entire line-up. It was like watching US vs Canada.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Folded the tent in the third period and resorted to that god awful up-and-down BS. The go-ahead goal Zatkoff let in was embarrassing, but it's hard to blame him after facing almost 50 shots. I have zero confidence in this team. Zero expectations for any sort of cup run.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great 1st period.
Sharks ramped their game up and just took over the rest of the way. No response. Typical Bylsma hockey.

They went from playing hard to playing harder. That was quite impressive.

Tonight we struggled w/ d-zone faceoffs and we leave Vitale out. Why?

D-zone faceoffs:
Goc - 5/10 (50%)
Crosby - 3/7 (43%)
Sutter - 1/5 (20%)
Malkin - 1/3 (33%)

It played a huge role in the game. We couldn't get the puck out of our zone and the Sharks pounced.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maatta, Despres, Neal and Malkin looked like they gave a ****. Everyone else didn't.

Sid needs to be checked out by the medical staff because his play was unconscionable.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sid better have an insane playoffs, hes been average to subpar much of the season.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm hoping for a first round loss against the Flyers. A humiliating one so every bulletproof member of this team on the ice and off is exposed as the frauds they are.

You know what I've noticed? When the Pens push but are pushed back, they never recover. It's never a puncher's bout anymore with them. The SECOND the opposing team gets momentum, Pens can NEVER get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad