Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3-4 BLACKHAWKS | Toews ends it in OT. Crow with Save of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
- 32 was awful. The 32/47 pairing out with the second line? Really. That's a defensive black hole
- to that end, the second line is just abysmal in the d zone
- lost in how well the second line has played is the fact that 15 is struggling on FO wins. He's gotta get better on that.

Pat and Eddie* commented on 32/47 being out frequently with the second line. I guess the idea was to have some steady/stay at home guys out so the forwards can go nuts. Of course, that only works if 32/47 are actually steady...

And agreed on 15. If he could actually come up better than 50% with regularity, that line could be even more dominant.

Last edited:

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Listening on the radio is always really exciting. You can almost feel when a goal is coming.
Heard Kane's GTG on the radio yesterday. Those guys are incredible at calling the game :nod:

Right? I was having a pool installed and the workers ****ed my dish up 3 hours before game six against the Ducks! with my parents coming over to watch the game, So I set up my computer to my stereo and we all listened to the radio broadcast as the Hawks handed the Duck their ass... So intense!

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Stars have 50 pts. Then the Hawks and Blues each have 44. LA with 42. I know some teams have a game or 2 in hand, but still. The fact that we're still in that good of spot in the standings despite not playing our best and slowly rounding into form(not to mention not being completely healthy at all times) is very impressive.

When push comes to shove, in all honesty, assuming we're healthy who's picking against us in a 7 game series? Not me.

If I'm Q, with Hoss being out in Dallas I gave Dano another look here. With the biggest reason being the Hawks need to get as close to the cap as possible before they LTIR Kruger for max cap savings. Before Dallas I would send Mashinter down and bring up Dano. Then sometime after the game you send Moose down and bring up Pokka and you're about as close to the cap as you can get. Then just call up Moose and send Pokka down before the next game. Boom.

Good posts, meanwhile still do not understand why Mash is in instead of Hartman.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Kane has points in 32 out of 35 games this entire year. On pace for 75 out of a possible 82.

Jesus.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Stars have 50 pts. Then the Hawks and Blues each have 44. LA with 42. I know some teams have a game or 2 in hand, but still. The fact that we're still in that good of spot in the standings despite not playing our best and slowly rounding into form(not to mention not being completely healthy at all times) is very impressive.

When push comes to shove, in all honesty, assuming we're healthy who's picking against us in a 7 game series? Not me.

Look at the other 3 teams from the conference finals last year. On the Tampa and Anaheim boards they're talking about a "Stanley Cup Finals" or a "Western Conference Finals" hangover. The New York Rangers have been a mess for a few weeks now. I don't think there is any team in the league that can put up with pressures of being a champion like the Hawks can.

Last years conference finalists.

Chicago 44 pts
New York 42
Tampa Bay 37
Anaheim 29

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Look at the other 3 teams from the conference finals last year. On the Tampa and Anaheim boards they're talking about a "Stanley Cup Finals" or a "Western Conference Finals" hangover. The New York Rangers have been a mess for a few weeks now. I don't think there is any team in the league that can put up with pressures of being a champion like the Hawks can.

Last years conference finalists.

Chicago 44 pts
New York 42
Tampa Bay 37
Anaheim 29

100%........the "mindset" with this club, knowing when to turn that switch on....example, tonight in ot.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
100%........the "mindset" with this club, knowing when to turn that switch on....example, tonight in ot.

Example A being the captain. It's just crazy how he can be a non-factor all game but then in the last 5-6 min of actual game time he shows up in a big way. I would never bet against this core in a 7 game series. Just far too many prime time players.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
And just a little fun fact - After 35 games Patrick Kane is pacing exactly 30 points ahead of the Art Ross winner from last year. Benn finished with 87 points and Kane is on pace for 117.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
LOL at the whining that goes on during the game. Some folks act like SJ aren't even on the ice and Hawks should do everything perfectly.

We saw a good illustration of what Hossa means to this team.... and the character of Shaw shines through when we need it. With the additions of 15/70/24, this team is solid up the middle.... even with the best (cough... cough) 4th line center in the NHL out :sarcasm:. (Hopefully some will begin to see the light on that subject).

As for 3 on 3 OT hockey. Are there 2 better players to have on the ice than T/K? I think not. Nice win Hawks. Next.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
With the additions of 15/70/24, this team is solid up the middle.... even with the best (cough... cough) 4th line center in the NHL out

I don't think anyone would say he was the best 4th line C in the NHL this year. But to argue that in the last 2 years he wasn't is just silly.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
LOL at the whining that goes on during the game. Some folks act like SJ aren't even on the ice and Hawks should do everything perfectly.

We saw a good illustration of what Hossa means to this team.... and the character of Shaw shines through when we need it. With the additions of 15/70/24, this team is solid up the middle.... even with the best (cough... cough) 4th line center in the NHL out :sarcasm:. (Hopefully some will begin to see the light on that subject).

As for 3 on 3 OT hockey. Are there 2 better players to have on the ice than T/K? I think not. Nice win Hawks. Next.

He's unquestionably been one of, if not the best 4C in the game the last several seasons, and the new guys have a TOOOOOOOON more to show before they prove they can take over his job going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad