Post-Game Talk: Sharks 2, Penguins 1 - A Blown Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lots of things to vent about, but all I've got, for now, is this: Letang isn't a 7M defenseman. He may not even be half of that. Defense is putrid, but worst of all was that last minute or so. He couldn't make a simple pass, then flopped on the ice. His STUPIDITY cost the Pens 1/3 of the last 80 seconds of the game. He can **** off already. This team is more likely to be played out of a round by Letang than helped to another cup by him right now.

Oh, and ***** Sully for continuing to send that ass clown out with the top PP. We need our PP to score, and Letang KILLS it. On the first one, he was the focal point, which is a waste. On the second one, he killed sustained pressure with a lazy who knows what to lose the puck.

Just so pissed at his horse**** already. Dude is killing this team . . . and Sully is too by his use of Letang.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hopefully JR does not go for rentals. Thought Pens were turning the corner and I got duped again. I wont be fooled anymore.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That call on Oleksiak was soft as butter and it cost us a point and maybe more.

Reactions: Jacob

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Penguins just can’t get it together. Every game it’s something different that contributes to the loss. The sign of a bad team.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Just knew they'd be lucky to get 3 points in the standings on this trip. Needed a way to get at least 1 more.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Our best game was the loss then Sully ****ed with the lines. Can we set Letang, Sheahan and Hunwick with this

human-cannonball-750x501.jpg

Reactions: Warm Cookies

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
2 things. we miss Bonino more than we all here care to admit.

2) it's irrational to sit down Cole when 58 and 32's minutes should be reduced.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Just knew they'd be lucky to get 3 points in the standings on this trip. Needed a way to get at least 1 more.

We would have had that extra point but for that soft call on Jamie O. Unfortunate.

And if it gets to OT I like our chances of beating the Sharks there too. ah well

Reactions: SirBrad

SomeOldDude

May 27, 2016
VA
I'm so f***ing sick of Letang. I don't care what he has done in the past and what is "role" is supposed to be. Sit his ass now and let some rooks have a chance. He constantly turns the puck over, passes to NO ONE, guards the wrong man, pinches at the most incorrect times, etc.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
When does Sully realize that with this material Schultz is the #1 RHD. Im sick of bitching about Letang, but seriously, he is just so f***ing awful. The game did not fall just because of him, but the putrid play constantly does make it a whole lot more difficult.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I really don't like this defense. They were particularly bad on this trip, but something needs to change. Hunwick has to go or sit, Sully hates Cole so I guess we wait for Ruh to come back.

Big Rig is cool, but needs a better partner. Maatta needs to get his head out of his ass, ditto Letang. Dumo and Schultz are just there at this point. It's just a weird mix.

Reactions: Warm Cookies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad