News Article: Sharks’ goaltending is historically bad for Stanley Cup contender

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Those were the last students of the late great Warren Strelow. It's no coincidence Sharks' goaltending started coming up short after his passing. I thought Nabby might be able to recapture some of his magic and while I think the jury is still out, it's not looking too hot.
What year did Nabby start doing this? Was it 2015-2016 (his first full year of retirement and since the majority of this coaching staff has been here?) or was it 2016-2017? I'm thinking it was 2015-2016.

I'm not sure if I'd blame him yet, as much as the guys that have been signed/drafted for since then might not be any good.

He did have Dell and while Dell has been a scarecrow in net this year, he was really good to above average in his first two seasons.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Those were the last students of the late great Warren Strelow. It's no coincidence Sharks' goaltending started coming up short after his passing. I thought Nabby might be able to recapture some of his magic and while I think the jury is still out, it's not looking too hot.
Nabby is mainly the AHL goalie coach isn't he? He's been pretty good down there up until the recent stretch of games that plummeted Bibeau and Korenar's SV%. Hedberg hasn't really been pulling his weight if we just look at the way Dell and Jones have been trending.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Jones has ADHD or something. Some nights he is on, some nights he is a tire fire. Only time will tell which one we get in the playoffs.
I'm not sure that's the case.

I think you can say the same about pretty much every goalie that has a weak save percentage like he does this year. Almost no goalie plays bad every game. Even Mike McKenna has put up a couple good starts this season and he's a journeyman AHL lifer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad