GDT: Sharknado

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
No Canes player with less that 12:30 of ice time last night. Every line played well.

Also on another note, LA has been slipping a bit and their 1st round pick that we own is now #24.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
chuck kaiton please!!!!!!

Absolutely not.
While his play by play is great for RADIO it would be too way over the top for a TV play by play where I can actually see what is going on.
Hr has been doing it that way for far too long and would be near impossible to tone it done.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
The Nesty/Jordy/Nordy line has combined for 21 points in the month of February.

The Skinner/Rask/Lindholm line has combined for 17 points in the month of February.

The Kris/Eric/Phil line has combined for 6 points in the month of February, as many as Riley Nash has over the same period.

Truth be told much of the resurgence has happened without a ton of participation from one of our best players (not named Staal). Justin Faulk only has 4 points and 1 goal since January 1.

Just let that sink in for a minute....oh, and those 3 rookie defensemen? They've combined for 7 points in the last 8 games.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The Nesty/Jordy/Nordy line has combined for 21 points in the month of February.

The Skinner/Rask/Lindholm line has combined for 17 points in the month of February.

The Kris/Eric/Phil line has combined for 6 points in the month of February, as many as Riley Nash has over the same period.

Truth be told much of the resurgence has happened without a ton of participation from one of our best players (not named Staal). Justin Faulk only has 4 points and 1 goal since January 1.

Just let that sink in for a minute....oh, and those 3 rookie defensemen? They've combined for 7 points in the last 8 games.

Which is why I have believed all along that we could trade our alleged "best assets" -- Versteeg and Staal -- and still be competitive in the playoff race.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
No Canes player with less that 12:30 of ice time last night. Every line played well.

Also on another note, LA has been slipping a bit and their 1st round pick that we own is now #24.

Well, still technically 27 (thanks a lot rest of the Pacific division) but with the way Anaheim and San Jose have been playing that should be changing in short order. Much better to be picking around #20 with their pick then in the late 20s.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Which is why I have believed all along that we could trade our alleged "best assets" -- Versteeg and Staal -- and still be competitive in the playoff race.

They may not be producing but they still are a threat to the other team and draw the tough assignments. If they go, Jordan's line is going to become the #1 target. Only way I can see it working is if only one goes and they replace him with a lesser quality version.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad