Value of: Shane Pinto candidate for offer sheet.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
It is pretty funny that a player got caught gambling, said "uh, it was wasn't me, it was my friend" and all the Sens fans seem to have bought it :laugh:

That is an elementary school level excuse. That said, while he might be a moron, he did his time.

Reactions: viceroy

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Lol ok so every player who has not signed on January or July 1st has held out. Good to know. Always good chatting with you... a real meeting of the mind.
not everything is as black and white as you want it to be. there is a normal back and forth in negotiations. when both sides reach a stalemate and negotiations stop then i think you can say they are holding out for more money

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
not everything is as black and white as you want it to be. there is a normal back and forth in negotiations. when both sides reach a stalemate and negotiations stop then i think you can say they are holding out for more money
Negotiations stopped because they knew he was going to be suspended.

It was as much a holdout as Lafreniere’s was a holdout. The fact is that contract holdout is almost always used to refer to a player who doesnt report. What you are describing is far closer to a negotiation than anything. Certain words mean things in a certain context, when you use them in a way that is not how they are typically used, you can expect some pushback.
It is pretty funny that a player got caught gambling, said "uh, it was wasn't me, it was my friend" and all the Sens fans seem to have bought it :laugh:

That is an elementary school level excuse. That said, while he might be a moron, he did his time.
It wasnt his excuse, its what has been reported. Where that info came from and whether the source is credible is another story but it seems like he has been told to stay absolutely silent (and seems to have done so). I doubt the info came from him but if it did, we wouldnt know

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
c60ca751b0238fc9f82f4bb81989ec7a.gif

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

I personally couldn't care less that he did it. Just don't do it again and get suspended.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Why would Sens fans care either way?

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Ottawa, 2024-25, with this seasons roster plus Pinto and Brannstrom signed to identical $5MM deals.

They have $1.9MM in cap space but missing an entire 4th line.

1711653588584.png

• Haha
Reactions: Emerica

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Ottawa, 2024-25, with this seasons roster plus Pinto and Brannstrom signed to identical $5MM deals.

View attachment 842653
Why would Ottawa offer Brannstrom a 5m aav deal? I’m a supporter, but it’s arguable that last year was a better year for him than this, and also he’s slotted in on the third pair for the foreseeable future: if he’s not traded this off-season which is more likely.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Such honest corporate succubuses, them. Totally legal, and totally immoral!

But ftr, I’m pretty sure sharing gambling accounts is a thing. Different laws in different states, so I give a buddy $200 to bet on whatever works in his state and not in mine.

Pinto and pal somehow goofed up, and it looked bad enough Gary gave ‘em 41 games. Good player, though, and a f***ing ridiculous thing to get suspended for. Can’t imagine anyone betting anywhere near their team, and the nhl brought it upon themselves with their greed if any shady shit happens. Pinto just seems to have done dumb for a second and is kinda a sacrificial lamb here.

Isn't placing bets on behalf of someone else acting like an unlicensed bookie? That's why you're not allowed to be a cell phone inline at a sports book.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Literally the only details we know are that it wasn't related to hockey better lmao

Dunning Kruger in action.

Well we know Evander Kane used illegal bookies to bet up to 50 times a day and the NHL didn't bat an eye.

Kane once claimed to have placed as many as 50 bets per day with illegal bookmakers when he was in the grip of his gambling addiction.

Meanwhile, Shane Pinto, who "didn't bet on hockey" gets hit with a 41 game suspension.

So there must be a substantial difference between what Evander Kane did and what Shane Pinto did.

Last edited:

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Well we know Evander Kane used illegal bookies to bet up to 50 times a day and the NHL didn't bat an eye.

So there must be a substantial difference between what Evander Kane did and what Shane Pinto did.
i think its probably the 3rd party proof that made the difference. some gambling company approached the nhl about pinto's probable involvement. where with kane it was with bookies so no paper trail.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
i think its probably the 3rd party proof that made the difference. some gambling company approached the nhl about pinto's probable involvement. where with kane it was with bookies so no paper trail.

Kane himself admitted in his own court statement that he was betting 50 times a day.

That's why the story doesn't add up at all.

NHL star Evander Kane said in judicial papers filed last week that he wagered sometimes as often as 50 times a day, which is in large part why he filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy with liabilities topping $26 million.

Kane himself made a statement in a court of law that he was betting 50 times a day. It wasn't a third party statement.

Somehow though we're supposed to believe that Kane who had himself admitted to betting up to 50 times a day did nothing wrong but Shane Pinto should be handed a 41 game suspension that he himself won't even bother to appeal despite the fact that "there's no evidence Pinto bet on NHL games?"

Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

View attachment 842653
No way brannstrom gets anywhere near that but it does allow for $10MM between the two so an offersheet near $8.5MM like i mentioned earlier would put them i a little bit bind but theyve got some left over cap to make things work.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Dave Poulin loves Shane Pinto like a son. He's not being moved.

Non-Sens fans in this thread are out to lunch honestly. Both on the specifics around the gambling accusations, the price to acquire him and the fact he's even available in the first place.

Brannstrom getting 5M AAV might be the most egregious thing said in this entire thread though.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Kane himself admitted in his own court statement that he was betting 50 times a day.

That's why the story doesn't add up at all.

Kane himself made a statement in a court of law that he was betting 50 times a day. It wasn't a third party statement.

Somehow though we're supposed to believe that Kane who had himself admitted to betting up to 50 times a day did nothing wrong but Shane Pinto should be handed a 41 game suspension that he himself won't even bother to appeal because "he didn't bet on NHL games"?

Yeah, I'm not buying it.
yes but unless kane goes into more details i dont think that investation goes anywhere.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
yes but unless kane goes into more details i dont think that investation goes anywhere.

Yes, but surely that suggests what Pinto did was more than just betting on non-NHL games.

Kane openly admitted to the same and faced zero consequences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad