Value of: Shane Pinto candidate for offer sheet.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sharing your gambling accounts with your friends is totally normal behaviour.

If you're any good, teams get over things pretty quickly.

Auston Matthews exposed his ass to a female security guard, but that didn't really stop him from signing big contracts.

Reactions: Sting

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Depends what happened.

It's likely he gambled for/against the Senators with inside information. They wouldn't just throw a 41 game suspension on him that he negotiated down and gave up his right to appeal due to gambling without it being more serious than the league led on.

That said, I don't think teams care that much about his gambling past.
Oh yeah....and why is that likely?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Against the cap? Murray and Tarasenko retention are done (4 M$), Ryan and DelZotto buyout are done and Colin White is a surplus (4 M$) so that covers Sanderson contract. Kubalik is UFA and I would be surprised to see Brannstrom qualified (4,5 M$). That would cover the 5 M$ you want to offer.
Also pinto and brainstorm are srb eligible so that can give them a second buy out window of OS is done

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With OTT up against the cap, who takes a multi year offer sheet to grab this kid?

I think a 3 year x 5 mill offer is pretty reasonable for a good young two way centre, and COULD Ottawa even match it with their cap situation?
We won't offer sheet but Habs maybe interested in trade? Jets pick?

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
We won't offer sheet but Habs maybe interested in trade? Jets pick?
No with Norris's questionable future we dont have the centre depth to trade Pinto, not that they ever were going to anyways.

The only way Pinto gets traded right now is for something that seems outlandish.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Depends what happened.

It's likely he gambled for/against the Senators with inside information. They wouldn't just throw a 41 game suspension on him that he negotiated down and gave up his right to appeal due to gambling without it being more serious than the league led on.

Literally the only details we know are that it wasn't related to hockey better lmao

Dunning Kruger in action.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Depends what happened.

I am assuming you have not been following the story for the past few months or are just willfully ignoring the information that has come out at this point.

Anyway, to the question of this thread, Pinto is going nowhere. Sens will match.

What IS funny to me, is how many people on this site figured they'd just pry away Pinto for nothing at the beginning of the year, thinking he was a middling/useless player. Sens fans tried to tell people the guy was good but nobody wanted to believe it lol. Now he's flirting with PPG while missing half a season.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nashville should be all over this going up to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd compensation 8.58 million area on a short term package. Guy seems real legit and would be an instant upgrade and long term upgrade once ROR rides into retirement. That said, i dont think there is really much of a threat of the senatora not matching with the uncertainty surrounding Norris. I dont think they can afford to lose Pinto

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Nashville should be all over this going up to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd compensation 8.58 million area on a short term package. Guy seems real legit and would be an instant upgrade and long term upgrade once ROR rides into retirement. That said, i dont think there is really much of a threat of the senatora not matching with the uncertainty surrounding Norris. I dont think they can afford to lose Pinto
This is definitely the most well-thought out proposal in here... its the only one that would really string the Sens to match without being too much of a cost to the acquiring team.
They have 4 mill in dead cap coming off the books + Kubaliks 2 mill. They can resign Pinto.
To this point, the Sens are projected to have just under $11m in cap space next year with 29 players under contract, including:

7 of our top 8 forwards; 1 4th liner; 2 other forwards who have played NHL games this year
Our top 5 D; 4 other D who have played NHL games this year
Our top 3G (we will likely move/buyout Forsberg)

The only player due for a raise is Pinto... maybe Parker Kelly but he should be well under $1.5m.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Literally the only details we know are that it wasn't related to hockey better lmao

Dunning Kruger in action.

The only reason he could get suspended is for betting on NHL games which is the only thing that is prohibited as per the CBA. NOW, that poster is obviously speculating too much as there have been no information on him betting for or against his own team.

What else would he be suspended for?

EDIT: Or rather the account that was allegedly shared bet on NHL games.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Sharing your gambling accounts with your friends is totally normal behaviour.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but that would absolutely be a TOS violation for both FanDuel and BetMGM.

Sweet, 666 posts and 420 likes. Stay away from that like button, folks.

Such honest corporate succubuses, them. Totally legal, and totally immoral!

But ftr, I’m pretty sure sharing gambling accounts is a thing. Different laws in different states, so I give a buddy $200 to bet on whatever works in his state and not in mine.

Pinto and pal somehow goofed up, and it looked bad enough Gary gave ‘em 41 games. Good player, though, and a f***ing ridiculous thing to get suspended for. Can’t imagine anyone betting anywhere near their team, and the nhl brought it upon themselves with their greed if any shady shit happens. Pinto just seems to have done dumb for a second and is kinda a sacrificial lamb here.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The only reason he could get suspended is for betting on NHL games which is the only thing that is prohibited as per the CBA. NOW, that poster is obviously speculating too much as there have been no information on him betting for or against his own team.

What else would he be suspended for?

EDIT: Or rather the account is allegidly shared bet on NHL games.
What has been reported is that he had a friend login to his account to place a bet (I presume on Shane's behalf) when Shane he was out of town.

It's a Terms of Service violation, which is technically illegal and a possible violation of the NHL moral clause. The fact that he technically committed a crime is what is relevant here, not NHL betting rules.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
his contract was up in july and he was eligible to extend in january. he turned down a $2m dollar contract earlier. there was a holdout.

In professional sports, a holdout (also written as hold out) occurs when a player fails to report to their team—usually before the start of a season—or fails to perform the services outlined in the terms of their contract.

Hey, waddaya know... you're wrong. You can define holdout however you want, but that's not how everyone else defines the word so I'm gonna side with everyone else on this one.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad