Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think he's going to be a great hard nosed 2C that is good at pretty much every aspect of the game.

Would be a steal if he turns out to be that, tbh. An all purpose 2 way elite faceoff 2nd line centerman is basically a low end first line C.

I see him as all purpose 2 way elite faceoff 3rd line center man... basically low-end 2nd line C.

I hope I’m wrong. I love Pinto but don’t see good enough hands and creativity for 2nd line C production (50-60 points career average).

hope I’m wrong as he is late bloomer.

Reactions: Cosmix and Sweatred

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Weirdest part was that Pinto was ranked 50th last year. Not sure how you drop 11 spots after a Hobey Baker nominee season but oh well.

2020 was a really strong draft. Likely have more top end prospects across the league right now than average.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Would be a steal if he turns out to be that, tbh. An all purpose 2 way elite faceoff 2nd line centerman is basically a low end first line C.

I see him as all purpose 2 way elite faceoff 3rd line center man... basically low-end 2nd line C.

I hope I’m wrong. I love Pinto but don’t see good enough hands and creativity for 2nd line C production (50-60 points career average).

hope I’m wrong as he is late bloomer.
Where do you project Norris? I honestly think Pinto will be the better player.

Reactions: Icelevel

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

I project him as the 2nd line C or traded in package for that coveted number 1 C if Stutzle doesn’t pan out there(Norris being Tkachuk BFF means we might not trade him yet to appease Tkachuk). Norris has greater creativity, shot, and skill level than Pinto.

Stutzle
Norris
Pinto

if I’m honest, I think Greig going to be better than Norris and Pinto, and Norris will shift to the wing.

Guenther-Stutzle-Batherson
Tkachuk-Greig-Norris
Formenton-Pinto-Sokolov

typa lineup.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Norris rose significantly in my estimation after his first AHL season. As this is his first NHL season he is still acclimatizing to the pro game. I do not see first line skills in him but he could become a 2C. Pinto looks like a 3C to me at this time but could also become a 2C.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Look around the league & tell me which players in the NHL have first, played centre in their first yr, then played centre on the top line on their team against other teams best players? Most on here see Stutzle as the best rookie, but IMO Norris has the much harder job & has done better than expected in that role so far & he's in his first yr.

He also showed in the AHL how good he got in one yr & keeps improving in the NHL again in his first yr. Not only that he's also improving in the faceoff circle & he's always in the right place defensively. He's a smart player, he's got good wheels, he's good defensively & offensively & he's got decent skill which is contributing to the team's success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad