Confirmed with Link: Shane Pinto, 32nd Overall, C, 3 year ELC signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
Honestly doesn’t sound like you’ve grown up at all since then.

How anyone can get upset over a draft pick I’ll never know. These guys are out there all year preparing for this day and we read a couple of scouting reports on a handful of guys and think we know better. It’s ridiculous. I get disagreeing with a pick, that’s fine, it’s a discussion board after all but to get to the point where you get upset or use insults and so on is idiotic. It’s not just your post either it’s a handful of comments every page.

Also makes me laugh when people say " He would have been available x picks later !! ". How do they know that ? Obviously if a team prefer not to trade down it's because they had legitimate concerns that he wouldn't be available later.

Dorion wasn't afraid to trade down and select JBD last year so he's shown he's willing to do it as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well we said before this draft that Ottawa needed some depth at RD & RW & some mentioned a goalie. Yesterday they drafted Lassie Thompson RD & today they drafted Shane Pinto C/RW & a giant goalie in Mads Sogaard G. Apparently, they may be drafting by need over BPA although, they'll be the first to tell us they had these guys rated much higher than every ranking site we know of.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dorion loves his big wingers, even if he’s a 15 goal 3rd liner, with that size and grind it’ll be a decent pick

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Pinto reminds me quite a bit of Bowers, so it's not surprising we took him. Hated the Bowers pick, so I don't like this one for the same reason.

He's a solid all-around player that likely ends up a bottom 6 player. Would have preferred a guy with higher potential, even if he was less likely to reach his upside.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
It's completely asinine for anyone on here to pretend they know more than an entire professional scouting department.

Be critical all you want but don't think for a second that you have one iota of the talent analysis skills that PD and company have.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It's completely asinine for anyone on here to pretend they know more than an entire professional scouting department.

Be critical all you want but don't think for a second that you have one iota of the talent analysis skills that PD and company have.
There are entire scouting departments and organizations that have rankings contradictory to Dorion’s too.

Let people discuss things.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
There are entire scouting departments and organizations that have rankings contradictory to Dorion’s too.

Let people discuss things.

Trashing a professional department with a good track record as if we know better goes beyond simply discussing things. It's foolish. And sure other scouting departments have different lists, to me that's exactly why it's silly to be overly critical. Even at the highest level there is extreme variation so we shouldn't be shocked or disappointed when our team goes off the board a little bit.

Remember the reaction to Brady...?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Trashing a professional department with a good track record as if we know better goes beyond simply discussing things. It's foolish. And sure other scouting departments have different lists, to me that's exactly why it's silly to be overly critical. Even at the highest level there is extreme variation so we shouldn't be shocked or disappointed when our team goes off the board a little bit.

Remember the reaction to Brady...?
This is nothing like Brady.

The angst here probably comes from the fact that we still go for the safe pick in the 2nd round. Most picks here will never become NHL regulars anyways, so why not go for the high risk-high reward player, especially when we lack offensive talent in the system and we have a bunch of picks to play around with over the next two drafts too.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Mmm i like the other 2 picks. This one has potential.

The reports I've read is strong skating, top notch wrist shot and one timer but needs to work on using body to angle puck, which scouts believe can be taught.

He plays center right now and may be a better winger at NHL level.

Some say he lacks creativity some say he has creative passing ability.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I don't understand why we closed his thread that was started by a regular poster instead of the one started by the Last Word spammer.

Both threads were opened at the same time. One had one response the other had multiple responses. A moderator closed the one with one response as the other thread was moving along already with multiple posts.

If you have any issues with the moderating, please use contact us (bottom of the page). Otherwise, posting about moderation in the threads violates rule 11 in the terms service and rules

:)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Which is why I'm going to hesitate before crapping on the pick. Definitely not my choice, but it sounds like a typical Ottawa "late riser" kind of pick to me. So I'm a bit intrigued.

Yeah. This could be a huge disaster or a really shrewd move. But either way this is something they had a long time to think about.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
As think we should think already about the rally on the parliament hill to save the Sens. We can not afford this management at the draft table in 2020. Or the owner. Because they chose the worst players in the draft. It is called the Italian strike.

Italian strike, in Italian: Sciopero bianco), in which workers perform their tasks exactly as they are required to but no better. ... Such strikes may in some cases be a form of "partial strike" or "slowdown".

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
[QUOTE = "SENATOR, post: 162373673, member: 15795"] Как нам кажется, мы должны уже думать о митинге на парламентском холме, чтобы спасти Sens. Мы не можем позволить себе это управление за черновым столом в 2020 году. Или владельцем. Потому что они выбрали худших игроков в драфте. Это называется итальянская забастовка.

Итальянская забастовка , по- итальянски Sciopero bianco), в рамках которой рабочие выполняют свои задачи именно так, как от них требуется, но не лучше. ... Такие удары могут в некоторых случаях быть формой "частичного удара " или "замедления". [/ QUOTE]
lol

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
His scouting report sounds very similar to Gabe Gagne.

This is really, really far off. Almost everything about him is the antithesis of Gagne. I'd compare him more to a guy like Jenner or Eakin

From an unnamed NHL scout:

"He's a big, strong kid," the NHL scout said. "He's a good skater, good hands, quick release. He's good around the net. I think he's going to score goals for UND by getting open on the power play, quick catch and shoot. He's a really good net-front guy. I think he will play center. He's really good on faceoffs. He's responsible defensively. I think he's going to be a good player for them. He's a serious, committed player with a good personality. I think, out of the group they're bringing in, he's the guy."

Honestly doesn’t sound like you’ve grown up at all since then.

How anyone can get upset over a draft pick I’ll never know. These guys are out there all year preparing for this day and we read a couple of scouting reports on a handful of guys and think we know better. It’s ridiculous. I get disagreeing with a pick, that’s fine, it’s a discussion board after all but to get to the point where you get upset or use insults and so on is idiotic. It’s not just your post either it’s a handful of comments every page.

Not to mention Dorion did not work for our team at that point lol... he did work for the Habs, though -the only team ahead of LA to get a potentially better player than Kopitar other than the 1st overall Pens

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Responsible owners, who want to sell tickets and not to move the franchise, do not draft like this. The want marquee players. Open your eyes people. It is in front of you.
It is not about Russians, there is just an excuse not to draft from Europe. The owner just wants to move, stating to the league the empty building and in US he will sell the team at much higher rate.

So you're criticizing the Sens for not drafting from Europe?

Maybe I'm rusty on my geography, but this draft the Sens took players from Finland, Denmark and Sweden.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad