Shanahan and Dubas need to be fired period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
It seems a little bit of an overreaction to one loss to the Bruins. Saying that, there are some systemic problems with this roster. As a whole, Dubas has not been able to build a team around a couple of generational talents.

Somehow the Bruins have been able to keep a competitive window open since 2010 all while having their stud d-man in Chara age out and retire.

There are no excuses left in Toronto.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Dubas has made too many egregious mistakes with flawed thinking.

Taveras - I’ll give dubas a pass here, hometown star wanted to come here and if dubas didn’t sign him at the time fans would have revolted.

M&M contracts - too high caphit for not enough years. if they don’t want to give you 7/8 yrs, you bridge them like other gm’s did with they’re stars to keep the AAV down. Because of these contracts in addition with taveras, you lose hyman, mikyahev for nothing. Had he bridged them to keep the AAV down he wouldn’t have had to burn the Seth Jarvis 1st to Carolina to get rid of one year left of Marleau, another domino effect of the M&M contracts.

Grit - Initially dubas thought he didn’t need grit in a CONtACT SPORT! THEN addresses it by getting pass their prime Thornton, Clifford, simmonds. When that didn’t workout dubas brought in fringe nhlers Blackwell ZAR, kubel etc.
Traded a 1st for an injured foligno.

goalie fiasco - I thought the Campbell trade was a good gamble at the time, low caphit and a goalie looking to prove something. But then followed up by getting an injury prone mrazek and became shocked how he was injury prone….putting a lot on your other injury prone goalie…so this year what did dubas do? Well he obviously learned his lesson by acquiring an even more injury prone goalie and worse goaltending at a much higher caphit in Murray….smh

Kadri trade - start of the dubas era where cream puffs kerfoot and Barrie is what dubas thought this team needed, yikes!

Muzzin trade - this played out exactly how I thought it would, get a few yrs and LTIR the rest of the way. d Men like muzzin fall off a cliff sooner rather then later and outcome here was predictable.

M.Reilly - extending at a 7.5 mil caphit for a d man that can’t play defence, hit, shoot or play on the power play is ridiculous. And this contract doesn’t kick in until next year!

M.Marchment - hmmm, where In our organization could we get a big power forward type guy who could score some goals (overloooks marchment 13 goals in 24 gp with the marlies), I’ll just trade him for teeny tiny Dennis malgin, thumbs up dubie!

N.Ritchie and again on mrazek - gave them both 3 yr contracts when no one else was and subsequently spent assets because of his mistakes.

dubas did some good with bunting, lybushkin, mikayev, spezza, giordan but just not enough to combat that calamity of errors that I listed. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
goalie fiasco - I thought the Campbell trade was a good gamble at the time, low caphit and a goalie looking to prove something. But then followed up by getting an injury prone mrazek and became shocked how he was injury prone….putting a lot on your other injury prone goalie…so this year what did dubas do? Well he obviously learned his lesson by acquiring an even more injury prone goalie and worse goaltending at a much higher caphit in Murray….smh
They cannot continue to pretend to be a serious contender with this goalie duo.

Murray injured again...and this will continue. Might the stars align with Jupiter during the Ultimate Warriors' anniversary for MM to make it through the playoffs?

Samsonov can put together some decent starts, but eventually it falls apart. There's no hope of consistency there. Softies abound.

Reactions: centipede2233

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
They cannot continue to pretend to be a serious contender with this goalie duo.

Murray injured again...and this will continue. Might the stars align with Jupiter during the Ultimate Warriors' anniversary for MM to make it through the playoffs?

Samsonov can put together some decent starts, but eventually it falls apart. There's no hope of consistency there. Softies abound.
The samsonov signing was good , the Murray trade was lunacy! Especially after last year lol

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
The samsonov signing was good , the Murray trade was lunacy! Especially after last year lol
Yes, Samsonov is earning his pay, and then some. Backup pay, an he's carrying the load.

It just seems inevitable, like tonight when he (and the team) crumbles, instead of Ovechkin cursing at him it will be Matthews/Tavares (not really, they both have more class in their pinkies than in that entire caveman's body).

I hoped they could somehow pry MAF away from Minnesota, but he and the team are doing quite well.
Gibson also sounded good, but his contract and stats this year are poison.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Yes, Samsonov is earning his pay, and then some. Backup pay, an he's carrying the load.

It just seems inevitable, like tonight when he (and the team) crumbles, instead of Ovechkin cursing at him it will be Matthews/Tavares (not really, they both have more class in their pinkies than in that entire caveman's body).

I hoped they could somehow pry MAF away from Minnesota, but he and the team are doing quite well.
Gibson also sounded good, but his contract and stats this year are poison.
Yeah not a lot of options for goalies…..

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dubas has made too many egregious mistakes with flawed thinking.

Taveras - I’ll give dubas a pass here, hometown star wanted to come here and if dubas didn’t sign him at the time fans would have revolted.

M&M contracts - too high caphit for not enough years. if they don’t want to give you 7/8 yrs, you bridge them like other gm’s did with they’re stars to keep the AAV down. Because of these contracts in addition with taveras, you lose hyman, mikyahev for nothing. Had he bridged them to keep the AAV down he wouldn’t have had to burn the Seth Jarvis 1st to Carolina to get rid of one year left of Marleau, another domino effect of the M&M contracts.

Grit - Initially dubas thought he didn’t need grit in a CONtACT SPORT! THEN addresses it by getting pass their prime Thornton, Clifford, simmonds. When that didn’t workout dubas brought in fringe nhlers Blackwell ZAR, kubel etc.
Traded a 1st for an injured foligno.

Kadri trade - start of the dubas era where cream puffs kerfoot and Barrie is what dubas thought this team needed, yikes!

Muzzin trade - this played out exactly how I thought it would, get a few yrs and LTIR the rest of the way. d Men like muzzin fall off a cliff sooner rather then later and outcome here was predictable.

M.Reilly - extending at a 7.5 mil caphit for a d man that can’t play defence, hit, shoot or play on the power play is ridiculous. And this contract doesn’t kick in until next year!

M.Marchment - hmmm, where In our organization could we get a big power forward type guy who could score some goals (overloooks marchment 13 goals in 24 gp with the marlies), I’ll just trade him for teeny tiny Dennis malgin, thumbs up dubie!

N.Ritchie and again on mrazek - gave them both 3 yr contracts when no one else was and subsequently spent assets because of his mistakes.

dubas did some good with bunting, lybushkin, mikayev, spezza, giordan but just not enough to combat that calamity of errors that I listed. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
Marchment is falling back to earth. But maybe if he played 4th line, he would've been retainable long term at a reasonable hit as a 4th liner.

Crazy thing is we are paying Marner, Matthews and Tavares 11 million each... Then going out and signing over the hill players to be the behind the scene leader. So they are costing us more than 11 million each, and additional roster spots for the crappy old players who are there just to be leaders. Haha

At this point, fire Keefe and see if Trotz gets this team past round 1. If not make big changes.

Though that wont happen, because Dubas needs his puppet. Dubas gave a presentation (posted on YouTube) and he says both the coach and gm need to work together for analytics to work. If he gets rid of Keefe he loses his control.

Though keefe has repeatedly based this leaderships group... Seems that he wants a change too but Dubas won't budge.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
It seems a little bit of an overreaction to one loss to the Bruins. Saying that, there are some systemic problems with this roster. As a whole, Dubas has not been able to build a team around a couple of generational talents.

Somehow the Bruins have been able to keep a competitive window open since 2010 all while having their stud d-man in Chara age out and retire.

There are no excuses left in Toronto.
one loss, seriously? you mean 5 years of nothing from shanaplan?! or is it 6 or 7 already? they have no idea how to build a playoff team.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
I seriously hope you guys don't go and harm yourselves over this extended break after this loss. God speed
this loss? are you joking? have you not watched the last 5 or 6 years of this team? burning 3 or 4 of the best players windows weve ever had!? zero good tough dmen or forwards? 100% of the same types of soft players? zero playoff wins since 2003-04?

softest most politically correct front office ever- combine that with an absolute 180 on shanahan the player vs the gm, wth happened here?

Bipolar overreactionary Leaf fans.

Discuss
you totally missed the last 20 years of zero playoff wins?????? and zero toughness that can actually play not over 30 years old? same soft players throughout the leafs lineup? are you joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad