༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
This reffing is painful. Jesus.

Edit - oops this isn't the GDT but it's still thread appropriate lol

Reactions: oilers'72

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm going to forget so - hope someone can clip the egregious double non call on mcdavid in the mid second. Stick snapped on his back 20ft from the play behind our net, then immediately after in their zone he's hauled by the neck 30ft from the play, no call again.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Add this one with the ref right there watching...Mindboggling. The Jet looked at the ref like 3/4 times after.

There is a pattern here. Every time the media speaks up and mentions that McDavid deserves more calls, the league gets pissed off, and instructs the refs to go the other way even harder, and ensure we all know who the boss is. It's a corrupt league.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Nice to see you guys keeping this thread on going. When you get to see the obvious non call infractions, particularly against the best hockey player in the world, (literally the face of the league) it's quite evident the league is run like a farce, embarrassing actually. The National Hysterical League

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Honestly, if it’s one thing refs hate it’s being fooled by dives and embellishment. How do we get these plays on blast?

I think that used to be true, but I don't think it's the case anymore. This crop is too stupid.

Look at the penalties drawn leaders. It's always the who's who of shit disturbers and divers and they repeatedly suck them in. Pionk got them twice in two games just now. Marchand drawing soft calls left right and centre last week when he is know by anyone that follows hockey even a little bit that he is a major diver. And they still get sucked in.

I honestly think they just don't care.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think that used to be true, but I don't think it's the case anymore. This crop is too stupid.

Look at the penalties drawn leaders. It's always the who's who of shit disturbers and divers and they repeatedly suck them in. Pionk got them twice in two games just now. Marchand drawing soft calls left right and centre last week when he is know by anyone that follows hockey even a little bit that he is a major diver. And they still get sucked in.

I honestly think they just don't care.
Yeh your probably right and make a good point. So on that note, maybe it’s time for the Oilers to add one these gamesmanship type players.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeh your probably right and make a good point. So on that note, maybe it’s time for the Oilers to add one these gamesmanship type players.

I've been beating that drum for a while. Foegele has a little bit of this but not enough.

Remember how every single team had a knuckle dragging heavyweight? With fighting going away I think that every team needs at least one true shit disturber now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I've been beating that drum for a while. Foegele has a little bit of this but not enough.

Remember how every single team had a knuckle dragging heavyweight? With fighting going away I think that every team needs at least one true shit disturber now.
Yeh you see Paul Maurice use it as a coaching strategy to take advantage of the incompetence of the refs and the reality of game management. Maybe it needs to be a directive from the coach. If you feel contact to the face, hold your face. If you get slashed close to a vulnerable spot, act like you got shot. Cross checked in the numbers? Crumble like paper.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeh you see Paul Maurice use it as a coaching strategy to take advantage of the incompetence of the refs and the reality of game management. Maybe it needs to be a directive from the coach. If you feel contact to the face, hold your face. If you get slashed close to a vulnerable spot, act like you got shot. Cross checked in the numbers? Crumble like paper.

I'm with you. If the NHL is going to create rules enforcement conditions that favor making a mockery of the game then I guess it is what it is.

The NHL seems to have zero willingness to even consider changes to rules enforcement, so I guess you have to do what you have to do in the current environment which is dive, embellish, and cause problems after whistles to draw calls.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm with you. If the NHL is going to create rules enforcement conditions that favor making a mockery of the game then I guess it is what it is.

The NHL seems to have zero willingness to even consider changes to rules enforcement, so I guess you have to do what you have to do in the current environment which is dive, embellish, and cause problems after whistles to draw calls.
Exactly. I don’t want this either but the Leagues incompetence invites these dishonourable tactics. But if your getting screwed over by other teams doing it, the only way to compete is fire with fire.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
McDavidBettman.gif

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Honestly if I ran this team I would bring back a goon and every time a penalty isn't called they would beat the player up. Throw a couple of punches "accidentally" towards the refs too.

If the NHL wants fighting out of the game, they'll be forced to call penalties.

Reactions: Aerrol

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
There is a pattern here. Every time the media speaks up and mentions that McDavid deserves more calls, the league gets pissed off, and instructs the refs to go the other way even harder, and ensure we all know who the boss is. It's a corrupt league.

Perhaps the good news is the media isn't about to let it die... well hopefully.

Usually it's a 1 week story and the NHL tells the media to F off... the media gets scared over access denial and proceeds to kiss ass.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad