Shadow of the Tomb Raider confirmed by leak

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
http://kotaku.com/name-of-next-tomb-raider-leaks-because-guy-had-it-open-1788419554

Some advice for professional game developers and marketers: Don’t open up confidential information in public. Especially don’t do it a on a crowded subway.

Take the case of Redditor Tripleh280, who wrote today that he was riding a Montreal subway and saw this:

Zoom in a bit and you can just make out the name Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which is also a name we’ve heard floated for the next game in Lara Croft’s iconic series. A source told me today that this is indeed the name. It certainly fits with the last two games, Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. (Everything is subject to change until it’s announced, of course, but this document is, as far as we can tell, legit.)

Square Enix has not yet responded to a request for comment.

“The page he was on talked about visuals,†Tripleh280 told me. “I’m from Montreal, QC. I was going downtown for work and I took a quick snap. I really would love to say more but other than the title, the rest was blurry from where I was.â€

“But wait,†you might be thinking. “Isn’t Tomb Raider developed by Crystal Dynamics, a studio in San Francisco?†You would be right—except we hear Eidos Montreal, the large studio behind Thief and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, is helming Lara Croft’s next adventure.

Coincidentally, Eidos Montreal is just a few minutes away from Ubisoft Montreal, whose employees accidentally revealed Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag on an airplane three years ago. Stay tuned for next time, when Dragon Age 4 gets leaked on a cruise ship.

On one hand, i am hyped. I absolutely adored the last two Tomb Raider games but am concerned it appears to be a different developer, the same one that totally butchered Thief according to many.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I dont really pay attention to who the deveoper is much. The only time I really cared was when warner bros dropped rocksteady after Arkham City which was just bizarre.

Tomb Raider is basically just taking the template of uncharted from what I've seen, so it shouldn't be that difficult to pull off for a large studio.

I've heard mixed things about thief, most of the stuff I've seen thats extremely negative is people that are too caught up in the old games. One of the most popular reviews on youtube I saw the guy literally complained that it was too easy to navigate and you should have been given a simulated paper map like the original.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I dont really pay attention to who the deveoper is much. The only time I really cared was when warner bros dropped rocksteady after Arkham City which was just bizarre.

Tomb Raider is basically just taking the template of uncharted from what I've seen, so it shouldn't be that difficult to pull off for a large studio.

I've heard mixed things about thief, most of the stuff I've seen thats extremely negative is people that are too caught up in the old games. One of the most popular reviews on youtube I saw the guy literally complained that it was too easy to navigate and you should have been given a simulated paper map like the original.

Which is hilarious, seeing as how Uncharted is basically a bloated budget Hollyoodized adaptation of Tomb Raider from 20 years ago with cinematic bells and whistles.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Which is hilarious, seeing as how Uncharted is basically a bloated budget Hollyoodized adaptation of Tomb Raider from 20 years ago with cinematic bells and whistles.

Its similar, but that extra is pretty dramatically different. uncharted is basically all about the cinematic stuff and cover shooting. The puzzles and platforming borrowed from tomb raider basically solve themselves.

I'm just saying the games are good from what I've heard but they've been done many times I dont think it would dramatically change with a new studio.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
I hope the person who took the pic gets sued.

What kind of loser uploads a pic of a stranger's computer?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
People are creepy. I'd be pissed if some stranger took a picture of me or my laptop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad