Confirmed with Link: Sgarbossa for Mat Clark

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Hey look, another smart "get rid of a prospect we hate" trade.

That's two so far. I wish they'd made more earlier in the year.

Although Clark is pretty bad/slow and I doubt he ever develops into an actual NHLer, but on this blueline you never know.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mat Clark is one effin tough shutdown defenceman.

Would have loved to see more from Sgarbossa, but he was just injury prone.

Clark is just 24 years old and realized he was born in Lakewood, Colorado. Hometown ki....man.

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Hamilton + Clark

VS

Sgarbossa + Stollery

I like the pair we received more. Still liked Sgarbossa more than Clark though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Clark sounds like he will be able to fill the role Guenin was originally supposed to fill, and Gervais has sucked too hard to fill, as the more veteran defensive RHD for the AHL club. This is just a guess until we see what happens this summer, but I bet he's Bigras' partner when the monster open next season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This was probably good for his career. He could still become something. He was good first year in AHL.

He was awesome his first year in the AHL, but if the stories are to be believed he let that get to his head too much and stopped working as hard after that. If true, this trade could give him the shake up he needs to get back on track. As I did like what I saw from him during his call up this season and can definitely see him working his way up to a 3rd line job next season, with the right team, and if he has the right mindset.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Pretty much an AHLer for AHLer deal. Probably a good depth move for the Monsters. Hamilton replaces Sgarbossa in their forward ranks and Clark adds some toughness and "young" experience to the blueline.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Everyone the Avs bring in is a fan these days.

Mat Clark @MatClark2 · 2h 2 hours ago
Looking forward to joining the @Avalanche organization and heading back to my birthplace and favorite childhood team! @monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad