WJC: SF Pre-Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Will be a great game.

My take on it is, Sweden is just better. Should be able to dominate the game, under normal circumstances. But Finland will come on extremely hard and can really force things.

I am having a kind of hard time predicting how the game will play out. Will it be about scoring the first goal, like so many hockey games is about nowadays? Will Finland back down and the game be about Finnish defense and counter attacks vs Swedish puck possession hockey? Will it open up at all?

Nah I think it will be about who will score the most goals. Just like it has up until today. Our defense is such a mess that there's no point turtling it. The kids will just have to score a goal more than the Swedes and that should be the end of it. I'm actually having faith in the game, even without knowing whether Vehviläinen will be in the start-up or not.

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
Now all we need to do is to keep the Swedes from scoring 6 or more goals and our kids will handle the rest.

BTW is there already consensus to what we call that line? Is it the UFO's because the Swedes seem to think that we have two aliens playing in that line? Or Pula-Aho based on their last names? The last one is kind of hard to translate to English...

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
You really suck finland. This should have been the final game of the tournament. How hard can it be to win your group? Especially this year when you only got russia to beat?
And on top of that you pick the earlier game so most working people can't even watch it? Brilliant.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
The doors open in couple hours. Remember to check that you have your beach balls with you before you make the journey.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Always love the trashtalk before Sweden - Finland games. It never changes :D

Yeah, what's up with that, even more than with the US and the Russians. But I guess both sides understand that there's no point to get 'politics' into the issue.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
My honest prediction.

Englund will destroy every finnish player with his superior frame.
W. Nylander will arrive with his leaf-jersey and single-handedly win the game.
Pulju will turn back to Swede after game, and miraculously talk fluently every language in the world at the interview.

Puljujärvi is hardly a 'swede' though, he was born to Finnish parents who moved back to Finland when he was 4 years old, how much do you remember from those days?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Puljujärvi is hardly a 'swede' though, he was born to Finnish parents who moved back to Finland when he was 4 years old, how much do you remember from those days?

I think Puljus comments for yle sums this discussion up..

"- Minulla ei ole sukulaisia Ruotsissa, enkä puhu ruotsia. Minulla on pieniä muistikuvia asumisesta Ruotsissa, mutta pukeudun Suomi-paitaan koko elämäni, Puljujärvi totesi."

I have no relatives in Sweden, and I don't talk Swedish. I have some flashbacks from time living in Sweden, but I will dress in Finland-jersey all my life, Puljujärvi stated.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/ruotsissa_alk..._voinut_olla_myos_ruotsalaisten_tahti/8568920

So he is born for Finnish rooted Finnish parents, who worked in Sweden back then. Hasn't even relatives in Sweden and moved away when he was 4.. I don't know who originally bring this discussion up.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011

"- Minulla ei ole sukulaisia Ruotsissa, enkä puhu ruotsia. Minulla on pieniä muistikuvia asumisesta Ruotsissa, mutta pukeudun Suomi-paitaan koko elämäni, Puljujärvi totesi."

I have no relatives in Sweden, and I don't talk Swedish. I have some flashbacks from time living in Sweden, but I will dress in Finland-jersey all my life, Puljujärvi stated.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/ruotsissa_alk..._voinut_olla_myos_ruotsalaisten_tahti/8568920

So he is born for Finnish rooted Finnish parents, who worked in Sweden back then. Hasn't even relatives in Sweden and moved away when he was 4.. I don't know who originally bring this discussion up.
Who has memories of when they were four?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

He sounds like me. I was born in Canada, but moved to the USA when I was six.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

He's under a lot of pressure these days. I wouldn't take what he says too seriously. Like everyone, his dream is to one day play for Sweden.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Who has memories of when they were four?

Everyone actually, although you may have trouble realizing that some of the memories you have from the time you were a kid is actually from when you were so young.

Three and before is another thing, that you won't remember.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
This tournament is poorly scheduled. The quarters and semi finals should have been held over the weekend. QF friday, SF sunday and F tues

Pgust

Nov 19, 2013
Stockholm
While waiting the game, what are you guys listening to? I guess your latest solidly merited band is still Abba :sarcasm:

Well, Abba is still more hardcore than any untrue finnish folk metal band.

The finnish GQ men of the year finalists wishing Finland good luck:

finndumpen.jpg

Last edited:

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Well, Abba is still more hardcore than any untrue finnish folk metal band.

The finnish GQ men of the year finalists wishing Finland good luck:

finndumpen.jpg

Haha, i love the atmosphere here =) Keep the brotherly love going!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Swedes should feel scared by now... Many don't realize that Finland that has been hyped a lot has a lot of room to improve their play. If this is the game where they finally fix their defense and goalkeeping, Swedes won't have a chance. Also there's a lot of room to improve for our other offensive lines that are not Aho's line.

I don't think the same can be said about Swedes that have been playing well and balanced in all areas and they are already playing their best. I mean well deserved by Sweden of course. They are the gold medal favorite team now and this is perfect opportunity and timing to give Sweden their first loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce