Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Italys success is all owed to

3A55C9DC00000578-0-image-a-33_1479125345952.jpg

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Maybe on this board, but all we heard from the english language media before this tourney was how they & France were the only real contenders because they just had so much more talent than everyone else.

Well on this board, the majority tipped England to lose vs Germany. So yeah at least on this board England were underrated.

With regard to the media, it seems like pretty much everyone expected France to win it except some former players with their "I have to pick my own team" picks. I don't know if I'd criticize any country's media for being upbeat about their team's chances ahead of a tournament by the way.

Reactions: Havre and al secord

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
At the end of the day, Italy have been the best team of the tournament, they deserve to be in the finals even though Spain was better than them tonight. Congrats to Italy. They should end up winning it. Otherwise, I’d love for Denmark to win it all. That would be awesome.

Reactions: luiginb

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

No no, here happened that Jordi Alba made a mistake in indicating where to take the penalties, he chose the side of the Italians and tried to change but Chiellini noticed it. The second draw is won by Chiellini and chooses to shoot first. It is no coincidence that Chiellini says, I believe, liar (in a funny way) to Jordi Alba who was trying to cover up his mistake.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
This game was a key example of why penalty kicks suck at deciding games. I'm a fan of Italy but I have to feel for Spain. They outclassed Italy most of the game. But just like hockey if you dont capitalize on your chances than what good is it outchancing/possessing the other team. Italy has struggled in every knockout game so far but they find a way to win. Chiese looks like a hell of a player. Immobile has struggled the last few games to score so hopefully he gets one next game.
Just gotta win one more game on Sunday !

Spain played great, I feel for them, Dani Olmo is really something else.

Reactions: luiginb

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Well... someone who lives in a country that calls BILD and Express (just to name the more famous ones) their own really shouldn't be upset with the English press. Those 2 rags would fit in nicely with The Sun type of toilet paper... just saying
They are horrible but a far cry from what you can read in England.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Spain played great, I feel for them, Dani Olmo is really something else.
Soccer is my 2nd favorite sport behind hockey. To be honest I dont know alot of Spain's current roster compared to the one from the 2010 world cup. Seems like they lost alot of players from their euro+world cup run. Regardless they looked great and alot of the young players they have are fantastic. Morata isnt a bad player but I thought Spain would have a better striker than him.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Soccer is my 2nd favorite sport behind hockey. To be honest I dont know alot of Spain's current roster compared to the one from the 2010 world cup. Seems like they lost alot of players from their euro+world cup run. Regardless they looked great and alot of the young players they have are fantastic. Morata isnt a bad player but I thought Spain would have a better striker than him.

The really looked great, Luis Enrique has them playing the ball they take their chance they want to command play. Owned our 3 midfielders not an easy task. They will be very dangerous because they will still grow. Also thanks to these disappointments.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
They are horrible but a far cry from what you can read in England.

Not getting into a battle of whose rags are the worst (really tough to beat BILD), aside from that... why would anyone even pay attention to them let alone form their opinion on what these groups have to say and then steer their emotions as to what to like or dislike.

If you judge a whole country by their worst outlets which are only controlled by a handful of people with an agenda then perhaps it's time to reevaluate how you approach your own tribal thinking.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Not getting into a battle of whose rags are the worst (really tough to beat BILD), aside from that... why would anyone even pay attention to them let alone form their opinion on what these groups have to say and then steer their emotions as to what to like or dislike.

If you judge a whole country by their worst outlets which are only controlled by a handful of people with an agenda then perhaps it's time to reevaluate how you approach your own tribal thinking.
Can we judge them over Brexit and Boris then?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Nobody crucified Baggio, the exact opposite

Aside from that Baggio didn't play half as terrible as Morata. This isn't about missing a penalty, it's about being one of the worst and most inconsistent finishers in football.

Morata could be one of the all time greats if he only knew how to convert all of the chances he gets served on silver platters. It's unreal how many high value chances he misses. To add, his technique leaves a lot to be desired. Terrible first touch and more often than not it just seems like he stumbles his way through a match. Couldn't say the same for Baggio.
Comparing Baggio to Morata is like comparing Ovechkin to Jason Blake.

Last edited:

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Aside from that Baggio didn't play half as terrible as Morata. This isn't about missing a penalty, it's about being one of the worst and most inconsistent finishers in football.

Morata could be one of the all time greats if he only knew how to convert all of the chances he gets served on silver platters. It's unreal how many high value chances he misses. To add, his technique leaves a lot to be desired. Terrible first touch and more often than not it just seems like he stumbles his way through a match. Couldn't say the same for Baggio.
Comparing Baggio to Morata is like comparing Ovechkin to Jason Blake.

Comparing Baggio to Morata doesn't even begin regardless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad