Trade: [SF/CAR] Christian McCaffrey for 2023 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks and 2024 5th round pick

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Will any of those picks amount to a player as good as CMC?

How long before CMC is injured?

Trades a wash. Nobody wins unless they’re planning on working egg cartons into CMC’s uniform.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
49ers moving all in.

Don't blame them. Windows are so small in the NFL that you need to try and capitalize.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Helps the Panthers tank, & restock on some picks. You can’t win building around a RB no matter how good he is. Good move by them.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The fun Kyle Shannahan is going to have in 21 personnel with

McCaffrey
Juszczyk
Kittle
Samuel
Aiyuk

Any of these guys can line up anywhere on the field.

Good luck to defenses identifying who the ball is going too.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
49ers are cursed with injuries hopefully it doesn't cause CMC to get injured again lol.

This offense has a ridiculous amount of talent though, and with Shanahan calling plays they should be explosive. Will be fun to watch.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The 49ers don't have a top 100 pick next year.
Not necessarily. The SF 49ers obtained 6 additional 3rd round compensatory picks over 3 drafts from the NFL when minorities in Saleh, Daniels, and another exec were hired by other NFL teams. So, they have 2 comp. thirds in this upcoming draft. With Miami losing their first rounder due to tampering, the comp picks begin at 96 this year. But, I believe these mgmt. comp picks are after all of the regular comp. picks are awarded to teams that lost players in Free Agency.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If he stays healthy and helps the Niners win a Super Bowl, the picks traded will be viewed as a pittance and well worth the price.

But that's a mighty big "if."

A more likely "if" is if he has more injury issues. And if yes, then slam dunk by the Panthers and a hefty overpay by San Francisco.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Only problem is the distributor is less than reliable.
I mean in all honesty Jimmy is one of the best game managers there is. If you just ask him to make these easy(ish) short to medium passes and let his receiver do the work, he’s definitely good enough to do that.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If he stays healthy and helps the Niners win a Super Bowl, the picks traded will be viewed as a pittance and well worth the price.

A more likely "if" is if he has more injury issues. And if yes, then slam dunk by the Panthers and a hefty overpay by San Francisco.

I don't think whatever happens to the Niners should have any bearing on how the Panthers made out. They're go nowhere any which way you look at it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean in all honesty Jimmy is one of the best game managers there is. If you just ask him to make these easy(ish) short to medium passes and let his receiver do the work, he’s definitely good enough to do that.
He needs a good run game. If the opposition is able to shut that down, it puts the emphasis on Jimmy. But between the run game and the short passing game to Deebo, that’s still tough for defences to defend.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
When you consider all the comp 3rds SF has coming up for losing McDaniel, Saleh and Mayhew, this is like just taking on McCaffrey and his contract. You can’t pass up this opportunity from a SF perspective.

Get some Eddie D vibes with a move like this.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He needs a good run game. If the opposition is able to shut that down, it puts the emphasis on Jimmy. But between the run game and the short passing game to Deebo, that’s still tough for defences to defend.
Yeah definitely. Between Deebo, CMC, Mitchell on the run and that’s not including Wilson who might not be elite but still pretty good, I have a hard time seeing many teams shutting that down.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
When you consider all the comp 3rds SF has coming up for losing McDaniel, Saleh and Mayhew, this is like just taking on McCaffrey and his contract. You can’t pass up this opportunity from a SF perspective.

Get some Eddie D vibes with a move like this.
Other positions may have been more of a need, but unless the bottom teams had those to sell, this might be the best move that they had to make.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
49ers have no reason to be scared of anyone. They can go to the super bowl.
I honestly don’t think any team in the NFC (that makes the playoffs)will be scared of anyone in the NFC. I don’t think any one team in the NFC,is head and shoulders above any of the contenders.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I honestly don’t think any team in the NFC (that makes the playoffs)will be scared of anyone in the NFC. I don’t think any one team in the NFC,is head and shoulders above any of the contenders.
No QB in the nfc given the way they have played so far scares anyone.

Cousins still the knock as a non prime time performer.

Hurts never won a PO game yet.

Brady, how is his personal life situation impacting how his focus as he prepares for games?

Rodgers, will he develop any chemistry with his WR group?

Jimmy is Jimmy. Can he step up if injuries persist with SF and either the run game stalls or the D isn’t as dominant?

Rams, can they protect the QB or run the ball?

Dallas, can they make enough plays offensively to match their D?

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
If he stays healthy..
Yeah, a lot of injuries.. but I think that had a lot to do with his heavy workload in Carolina. I haven't really followed San Francisco this year, but maybe he won't be relied on as much there, and be a little more well-preserved (?)
I think it's cool he's back in the Bay Area, but that's a separate thought..

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This proves they don't have a top 100 pick plus I trust Peter King.
Per nfl.com the projected third round pick compensation for players lost are:

Washington for G Schereff
New England for CB Jackson
Arizona for WR Kirk

These would be for picks 96. 97, 98 (since Miami had to forfeit their first founder for the Brady tampering)

For management & coaching hires SF gets 2, KC gets 1, and Cleveland gets 1.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Right now the 49ers are my pick to win their division. CMC brings a whole new element to their offense, plus I believe in their roster more than the Seahawks and Rams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad