GDT: SF • Jan. 3 • Canada 1, United States 5 • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I didnt notice a Canadian forward that whole first period thats how bad they looked. Just awful. I hope USA stays on them with pressure and never lets off.

What a frenetic period. I hope the U.S. can keep up with this pace. Great game plan so far though. It's pretty awesome when the captain can set the tone like that!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Team Canada feds need to do a better job stopping the USA trailing D, Jones, Trouba, and today Mccabe like to sneak in for offensive chances. This is the difference today. Subban made a big stop to not make to 0-3, he needs to step it up.

Need more out of Canada's big guns too, quiet period by the boys. Think they will make a push in the 2nd period.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Nuge barely played that period. Kid needs ice to score. Your not watching the game if you think he's been terrible. Hasn't been good, hasn't been bad

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
What a 1st period.

Galchenyuk has been invisible too. Hope he wakes up.

D was great. I thought Jones & McCabe had strong periods.

I agree. The entire defensive core played the best period of the tournament so far. Really confident in the presence that Trouba and Jones have brought to the game so far. By far Jones best period of the tourny

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
Not exactly what I was expecting. Canada has been incredibly sloppy. It's not like the USA is really stifling their breakout, we just can't make a pass. Hopefully the Canadian play tightens up tenfold or else we're playin for bronze.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
That was humiliating for Canada. I can't think of a single aspect of that period that could have gone worse, other than maybe being down another goal or two.

I have no idea what is happening to our defence in this tournament in the past few years. It seems that as soon as we are in a meaningful game, our hands and feet just stop working.

Too much pressure? Too little skill? I am not sure. But it looks awful.

Not that the forwards are helping. Boone Jenner might as well shoot the puck in his own net he is so useless out there.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
i think there is one thing that we can all agree on and that is that finally the refs are letting the kids play.

Yes, sadly the reffing already kinda ruined part of the tournament for me already. Would've been more enjoyable with this kind of reffing. Well, hope that they keep this up in the finals too!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm not sure how someone can blame one player. The whole team sleep walked through that whole period. This has been a trend the last few years. We dominate round robin and then for some reason we crap the bed in the medal round. Spott looks like he's disinterested all the time. Wake the boys up and get our **** together!!!!!! This is unacceptable. I know we had 2 days off but it shouldn't take a whole period to get our legs going. That was a terrible performance. We have to be way better or we're going to get blown out.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
US has been very aggressive in the neutral zone, and Canada isn't doing much of a job of providing the puck carrier with options. That has to change or this isn't going to be close.

buckridesagain*

Im very excited right now. But lots of hockey left to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad