Sexism in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
It's just filled with sexism in the arenas, on the website and on facebook. Today, Salavat Yulaev made another sexist video on their facebook page.

Anybody else find this a problem? Sexism has nothing to do with ice hockey.

Yes, there is sexism in the NHL and other Leagues as well, but in the KHL it's just everywhere... If you want to discuss sexism in NHL, I suggest you start a thread there. This thread is about sexism in KHL, which I find troublesome.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
It's just filled with sexism in the arenas, on the website and on facebook. Today, Salavat Yulaev made another sexist video on their facebook page.

Yes, there is sexism in the NHL and other Leagues as well, but in the KHL it's just everywhere... If you want to discuss sexism in NHL, I suggest you start a thread there. This thread is about sexism in KHL, which I find troublesome.

I couldn't agree more!
Spent some time trying to find this video and when I saw it... I was shocked!

KHL, Salavat Yulaev Ufa, well, MEN LIKE HOCKEY TOO! I also dream about playing hockey and when I wake up I like to stickhandle socks and shoot them around. Why weren't I in this video?!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Can you post Salavat Yulaev Ufa´s video you are talking about?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

I am glad someone else has balls to speak of this here. It's an obvious disgust and I remember myself saying one or two things about this here before, especially in Salavat's thread, alongside with loppa. In general, it's not worse than the rest of the world but what Salavat is doing is just ugly. One after another, they post videos that are not related to hockey only with exposed girls.

Muslim countries are known to have problems with this yet many people around me call Russia "Christian version of Turkey" so I am not surprised they have problems with concepts like sex, sexism, homosexuality etc. A country with a tough stance towards homosexuality will surely have some kind of problems with sexism as well.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Muslim countries are known to have problems with this yet many people around me call Russia "Christian version of Turkey" so I am not surprised they have problems with concepts like sex, sexism, homosexuality etc. A country with a tough stance towards homosexuality will surely have some kind of problems with sexism as well.

Bashkortostan actually has a Muslim plurality.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
And what is sexist in that video? Or is this supposed to be some kind of a joke?

What do you think a woman getting hit in the face with something white is supposed to allude to? Are you just pretending to be naive? The whole video looks like something a perverted old fart would think of and film in his woodshed. Insanely amateurish looking and filled with obvious cheap puns. The guy who made it must have a low opinion of the fans, if he thinks this is supposed to entice them to follow the team.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
The ending was totally unnecessary :help:

I have noticed this before that some Russian KHL clubs media department has jackasses running the show.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I am glad someone else has balls to speak of this here. It's an obvious disgust and I remember myself saying one or two things about this here before, especially in Salavat's thread, alongside with loppa. In general, it's not worse than the rest of the world but what Salavat is doing is just ugly. One after another, they post videos that are not related to hockey only with exposed girls.

what would be the solution if it were your decision? There are some tasteless costumes but if ice girls/boys team (in this case, girls part) wants to wear something, why would you stop them?
PR teams which force women to wear something "slutty" are idiots and they aren't worthy of words. (See how funny it is that this sexist video had more attention than any other)
What if girls want to wear dresses, of course, NOT LIKE THOSE SHOWN ON SYU thread page 3, with holes only to show cleavage (they were stupid and I didn't approve it, it was cheap)?

There are always two sides, first are bad PR services who use cheap sexuality to promote their videos and second side is overly sensitive/perverted people who give this kind of videos credit.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
what would be the solution if it were your decision? There are some tasteless costumes but if ice girls/boys team (in this case, girls part) wants to wear something, why would you stop them?
PR teams which force women to wear something "slutty" are idiots and they aren't worthy of words. (See how funny it is that this sexist video had more attention than any other)
What if girls want to wear dresses, of course, NOT LIKE THOSE SHOWN ON SYU thread page 3, with holes only to show cleavage (they were stupid and I didn't approve it, it was cheap)?

There are always two sides, first are bad PR services who use cheap sexuality to promote their videos and second side is overly sensitive/perverted people who give this kind of videos credit.

You know, it doesn't matter if they want to wear the clothes and make videos like that. They're 17-18 years old, they can't comprehend how this damages the social structures of a society. This is NOT ok. People should not take KHL sexism lightly.

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
When i opened this thread i thought that OP was talking about the sexy dance girls with borderline inappropriate costumes, so i came here to post that i like them what ever the political correctness might say. But then i saw the video that he was referring to.

It seriously is somewhere between inappropriate and just plain tacky.

I also saw later on that page a video of cheerleaders working out: that one went clearly over the line.

The thing is there are also women watching hockey my mom and occasionally my daughters included. I don't think that i would like them to see stuff like that. And furthermore we need all the attendance we can get, so it is not a good idea to alienate a big part of the potential fan base with videos that a lot of people find sexist.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeyMB89

May 26, 2015
Krakow

Sweden... :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
You know, it doesn't matter if they want to wear the clothes and make videos like that. They're 17-18 years old, they can't comprehend how this damages the social structures of a society. This is NOT ok. People should not take KHL sexism lightly.

It doesn't damage any social structures of a society, step away from the progressive dogma. :shakehead

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
It might be sexist for someone, but whatever. More distracting is the very poor quality and design of the video.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is not sexism, this is just poor taste. Thing with overusing word "sexism" will fire back in European countries.

If that ending isn't sexist, I don't know what is. :laugh: If a Liiga club released a video like this, their sponsors would be in uproar and the media would crucify them.

Ajax84

May 23, 2016
The video is sexist and dumb, but whatever. I have more of a problem with it being nonsensical.

In summary: Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad