Speculation: several scouts attending bos/col game tonite

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
When a GM or AGM is in the house from a team looking at the Bruins, then I'll be excited. Aside from that. Over the next 1.5-2 months the Bruins play each team scouting:

TOR - 2x
TBL - 2x
VAN - 2x
SJS - 0x
NJD - 0x
CHI - 0x
DAL - 1x
OTT - 3x

I didn't look to see these teams and if they play COL, but I imagine many do. Not saying scouts are not looking at potential trade targets, but they could also simply be scouting for their upcoming games.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
avs shouldnt trade him. the production they are getting from him for near league min would be difficult to replace.
You’re probably right. Plus Malinski has some high end skills. He got developed well in the NCAAs as a PP1 QB. He’s got some alpha qualities you don’t tend to find in bottom pair guys.

That coast to coast goal he scored vs Ottawa was sick. He’s got 3 really nice goals this year. Same level as some of Byram’s goals and all higher level than Girard and even Toews goals.

Malinski’s first goal. The bar down one-timer he did along the left wall that he drifted into off his back foot. That was a bad ass shot. I don’t think Toews can score that goal. No way Girard can. . Only Makar and Byram have that level of skill. Some teams don’t have any defenders that can score that goal Maliski. And the coast to coast one as same level. Pretty elite. It’s weird the Avs have this guy. Hopefully he can become a defensive anything. Because he can be good NhL defender going forward.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Boston has a lot of young talent in the lineup and SJ has a lot of experienced guys in theirs. We don’t play them again this year so I think something is cooking between the two.

Reactions: The don godfather

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
When a GM or AGM is in the house from a team looking at the Bruins, then I'll be excited. Aside from that. Over the next 1.5-2 months the Bruins play each team scouting:

TOR - 2x
TBL - 2x
VAN - 2x
SJS - 0x
NJD - 0x
CHI - 0x
DAL - 1x
OTT - 3x

I didn't look to see these teams and if they play COL, but I imagine many do. Not saying scouts are not looking at potential trade targets, but they could also simply be scouting for their upcoming games.
draper was there

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
When there’s that many scouts in a random NHL building, it means they’re there for something else. Weekend College games is usually the Boston reason. They also attend Hockey Canada and USA Hockey meetings throughout the year, and during those types of functions, will take in NHL games, as groups. They definitely weren’t there to look at any specific player from either of these teams.

From functions like these, more trades get started by these teams talking to each other over the weekend. For example, NJ might ask Detroit if maybe they’d move one of their dmen, letting them know they’d like to add a player like Maatta or Chiarot.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Nothing to do with the Avs. Teams are just scouting Boston and their refs for future match-ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad