Several New Jersey Devils collegiate prospects developing into impact players

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't think it's a stretch to say Bergfors is a bust. We managed to get some value out of him before anyone else caught on, but he washed out of the NHL, from some VERY bad teams, at a real young age. If you don't get an NHL player out of a first-round pick, it's a bust. That happens to 10-20 teams every draft, but it's still a case of a player coming no where near his potential.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I would want an overhaul of the scouts in general if that's the case it's not like the North Americans are lighting it up either and there have been way more North American picks so they would have more guys in the lineup that's picked from North America.

From 2007-2012 they have had 40 picks and 33 have been used on players playing in North America and 7 on guys playing in Europe. Right now they have 2 guys on the Devils from Euro Scouting(2/7=29%), 4 guys from NA scouting(4/33=12%). Obviously this can change if some of the guys from the 2010-2012 drafts make it but I don't think Euro scouting is as bad as some make it out to be or NA is way better. Matt Halischuk is playing for the Jets so for NA scouting in total it's 15%.

I just want new scouts in general but it's not going to happen with Lou here, he's not getting rid if Conte and Labraaten.

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yea that's true I guess you could say Larsson was a given but they just don't draft enough Euros recently to make any big conclusion imo.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
He's done in the NHL. He simply isn't an NHL player...I mean on his SEL team 2 defensemen out produced him... one was Chris Campoli LOL...

If you want bring a former Devil back from HV71 maybe look at his teammate Teemu Laine who also out produced him.

Probably the coach fault that he can't produce though :dunno:

The only problem I saw with Tedenby is his size or lack of it. He gets out-muscled to the puck most of the time but when he has room to move he is great. If he can build himself up a bit maybe he'll have a shot at the NHL again.

Isn't Teemu like 32 now?

GhostofKenKlee

Good write up, totally contradicts hf poster scouts on the lack of prospects at forward on this team.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
How do you not talk about Colemans ability to absolutely blast people....his best assets are his grit and hitting. He's tough as nails and plays big, always gives 100% effort and has some talent to boot, not legit top6 NHL forward talent, but could become a quality two way center or winger in the show. He's also good in his own zone and has that knack to make plays and read situations when all hell has broken loose.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
How do you not talk about Colemans ability to absolutely blast people....his best assets are his grit and hitting. He's tough as nails and plays big, always gives 100% effort and has some talent to boot, not legit top6 NHL forward talent, but could become a quality two way center or winger in the show. He's also good in his own zone and has that knack to make plays and read situations when all hell has broken loose.

Is Cody Eakin a good comparison?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad