Value of: Several Islanders Players

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think Dallas would be all over Lee if he’s available.

1st (top 10 protected), Devin Shore, Riley Tufte

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Name an Islanders player who didn't look lost in the D zone?

You can't! Weight was a disaster.

Yeah, they were terrible and Weight's defensive scheme was a scheme without defense.

Also don't think Weight's public call-out for Leddy to be in Norris contention didn't help. He shouldered a lot (too much).

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I think it would behoove you to stand pat to see that you have with a Tavares-less team

Agreed

Is Lee a 30 guy without JT presence??

Absolutely. He's what Mark Parrish was to us except he's faster, better defensively, better in the slot, better shot and has kept improving with each passing season. I love Anders, he's a fantastic throwback player that can play a modern game.

Is Bailey a legit 55 point player? Keeping his 56 point campaign in the mix and removing what looks to be the outlier, Bailey has posted an average of 38 points a year for 4+ seasons.

Even if it is an outlier, a better-than-average defensive forward that can contribute 50+ points for the duration of his contract is definitely worth 5 a season

Brock Nelson, this is a HUGE year for that kid. He reall really needs to break 50 points this year and may benefit from 91's departure.

Arbitration award and then UFA. I expect him to have a career season (which really shouldn't be too difficult). I'm still wondering what happened to the rookie that played a great two-way game and was consistently reliable...

I'd wait until the deadline before any of them get moved.

Yup, see what winds up happening. They're all going to get a lot of ice so there shouldn't be a big dropoff in point production so their worth should increase by the deadline. Cap hits will be nominal and they'll be in demand. Just my opinion.

Reactions: PWJunior

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Personally, I believe Eberle is the most likely to go. He's an upcoming UFA and plays a position we can easily replace internally.

Reactions: PWJunior

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ask from Edmonton for Leddy? All prospects except Yamo/Bouchard on table. And no roster players by the name of Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Pulju, Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse. So picks and prospects and Lucic's contract back to get to the floor. My offer: 1st + 2020 2nd + 3rd + Jones + Lucic.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ask from Edmonton for Leddy. All prospects except Yamo/Bouchard on table. And no roster players by the name of Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Pulju, Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse. So picks and prospects and Lucic's contract back to get to the floor. My offer: 1st + 2020 2nd + 3rd + Jones.

I don't think Leddy would be traded, he's the least likely to be moved. It's the Isles forwards that are going to be shopped.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'd do Lucic + for Nelson/Ho-Sang

Sorry, but I doubt we have any interest in Lucic. We have Ladd already.

After all the deals that have been consummated between our teams, there isn't a fit anymore. Now that you have Bouchard, you don't need Pulock.

If you want Nelson, it'll cost you a pick and probably a B grade prospect.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Just my guesses:

Leddy: 7OA
Lee: 16OA (low value because of impending UFA status)
Bailey: 12OA (GM's will want to wait and see how he plays next year)
Nelson: 35OA
Eberle: 25OA

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Just my guesses:

Leddy: 7OA
Lee: 16OA (low value because of impending UFA status)
Bailey: 12OA (GM's will want to wait and see how he plays next year)
Nelson: 35OA
Eberle: 25OA
Nelson looks about right. All the other are too low.

Both Lee and Eberle would get more even if we just decided to trade them as rentals at the TDL.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Nelson looks about right. All the other are too low.

Both Lee and Eberle would get more even if we just decided to trade them as rentals at the TDL.

If Lee keeps scoring like a 40 goal scorer then he'll definitely be worth more than that at the deadline, I agree. I just think that, like Bailey, GM's will want to wait and see how Lee plays without Tavares. I don't necessarily agree with that - they have had plenty of ice time without him in the past that we can look at.

Eberle is a nice complementary winger but his playoffs a year ago had to really hurt his rental value. He was useless. I would probably not spend a first rounder on him at the TDL.

Leddy, okay maybe worth a 5th OA? It's a bit confusing because no team drafting at that spot would ever make that trade - you stand a good chance of getting a Leddy or better if you're drafting best D available at #5. But if a contending team had such a pick, then I could maybe see Leddy getting valued that highly.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Everyone knows who Josh Bailey is - he played with Nielsen and Okposo for a long while before ever playing with Tavares. It was a pretty good line. That said, he's not getting traded.

I hope anders lee doesn't get traded either. It all depends on his salary demands, of course. If he just signs for the jvr deal, nyi should do it. He's a glue guy to add to his scoring, and trotz will make him better positionally.

Eberle and Nelson are the odd guys out. Wahlstrom is Barzal' s eventual rw.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Ask from Edmonton for Leddy? All prospects except Yamo/Bouchard on table. And no roster players by the name of Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Pulju, Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse. So picks and prospects and Lucic's contract back to get to the floor. My offer: 1st + 2020 2nd + 3rd + Jones + Lucic.
So Bear is available.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Everyone knows who Josh Bailey is - he played with Nielsen and Okposo for a long while before ever playing with Tavares. It was a pretty good line. That said, he's not getting traded.

I hope anders lee doesn't get traded either. It all depends on his salary demands, of course. If he just signs for the jvr deal, nyi should do it. He's a glue guy to add to his scoring, and trotz will make him better positionally.
Eberle and Nelson are the odd guys out. Wahlstrom is Barzal' s eventual rw.[/QUOTE]

This

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'd do Lucic + for Nelson/Ho-Sang
Zero interest in the slow skating Lucic,on a terribly overpaid contract.

Also,Trotz gave an interview yesterday saying he sat down and talked to JHS, who the isles have big expectations for ( they love his speed & skill).

Isles sound like they are retooling and I expect the impending ufa forwards Nelson, Eberle and Lee will be evaluated and possibly moved for an nhl top 4D

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hello all, I am curious how you value each of the following players in terms of what they would be worth, draft pick wise:

Nick Leddy-

Anders Lee-

Josh Bailey-

Brock Nelson-

There has been a lot of discussion on the Isles board the past few days about whether the Isles should engage in a rebuild or not. Personally, I'm in favor of tearing it down, and building it back up within a time frame of 3 years. However, I want to conduct a study of two different hypothetical scenarios; rebuild, or make a few splashy trades and attempt to win now. Your perceived values of the players above will help me project how the roster could potentially be shaped in both the short term, and long term, for both scenarios. Thanks.
Seriously doubt Leddy is available unless it is for a 20 something yr old, top pair upgrade .

Lou has been unsuccessfully beating the bushes to add another quality top 4D. He is not trading Leddy,going with a top 4 of the aging Boychuk + a repeat of last season....overwhelmed 1st and 2nd yr kids.
A

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think Dallas would be all over Lee if he’s available.

1st (top 10 protected), Devin Shore, Riley Tufte
Based on Lou and Trotz's comments..
Isles are retooling and not tearing it down and starting from scratch.
If 40 goal scorer Lee is dealt before the season, it won't be for picks/ prospects.

Isles need a top 4 LHD.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I think it would behoove you to stand pat to see that you have with a Tavares-less team

Is Lee a 30 guy without JT presence??

Is Bailey a legit 55 point player? Keeping his 56 point campaign in the mix and removing what looks to be the outlier, Bailey has posted an average of 38 points a year for 4+ seasons.

Brock Nelson, this is a HUGE year for that kid. He reall really needs to break 50 points this year and may benefit from 91's departure.

Leddy is a solid defender and will get you a decent return.

I'd wait until the deadline before any of them get moved.
Yes
Maybe, probably not
He is what he is
He is not being traded

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany