Goalies: Setups and style

SenSaddest

Jan 31, 2015
Heres a fun thread for our goalies
Whats your current setup and specs as well as if you were to compare your style to a previous/ current nhl goalie who would it be and why?

Mask-Hackva 2608
Pads/glove/blocker- Reactor 9000s kinda scrivens strapping 34+3, pro palm
Pants- reebok 20k pants (the best ever!)
Skates- RBZs made in canada size 9d (about .5 a size too big to be honest)
Sticks- warrior swaggers 24.5 but have recently been fooling around with some ccms
Knee pads-Paws
I can't really say who I play like too well , I think quick but my goalie coach has said Varlamov/Talbot (Very fast and I guess aggressive) I like to think quick because I do alot of those split saves haha

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Heres a fun thread for our goalies
Whats your current setup and specs as well as if you were to compare your style to a previous/ current nhl goalie who would it be and why?

Mask-Hackva 2608
Pads/glove/blocker- Reactor 9000s kinda scrivens strapping 34+3, pro palm
Pants- reebok 20k pants (the best ever!)
Skates- RBZs made in canada size 9d (about .5 a size too big to be honest)
Sticks- warrior swaggers 24.5 but have recently been fooling around with some ccms
Knee pads-Paws
I can't really say who I play like too well , I think quick but my goalie coach has said Varlamov/Talbot (Very fast and I guess aggressive) I like to think quick because I do alot of those split saves haha

there was a thread a year or 2 ago where we did exactly this. some pretty good answers in there

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Definitely will post my stuff when I get home tonight.

Only been playing goal as an adult the past 3 years, so still plenty of learning to do. Go through periods of trying to be 100% butterfly just to get the feel of it, then go back to 100% reactionary 80s style goalie too because that works for me at times.
So style-wise, I feel like of current goalies I try to model myself after Craig Anderson (since he'll pull out the old school moves: the two pad stack, the diving pokecheck, and even just dropping one knee and glove high... but also switches to the more modern style movements including reverse VH and butterfly stops when square with the shooter). Though since I play full right I take a look at a lot of Hiller and Mason highlights to see if there's anything they're doing that I like as well, since it's a bit easier to not having to think about mirroring the movements in my head when working them through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad