Setting aside team accomplishments, is the Matthews-Marner duo better than the Kane-Toews duo?

Matthews-Marner vs Kane-Toews

• Matthews-Marner are better

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • Kane-Toews were better

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • They're equals

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Three Cups.
Talentwise, no doubt AM and MM are better but in terms of impacts on teams, they are far behind.
I know prime Keith and Hammer were great but they had Crawford in net for two Cups, and I don't think he stole any series for the Hawks during those runs.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Three Cups.
Talentwise, no doubt AM and MM are better but in terms of impacts on teams, they are far behind.
I know prime Keith and Hammer were great but they had Crawford in net for two Cups, and I don't think he stole any series for the Hawks during those runs.
While
Kane and Toews have "kiiller instinct". Matty and Mitch still have to show they have it.
This is impossible to prove and just because Chi won and the Leafs havn't doesn't make your premise true.

In fact, this new philosophy that the only thing that matters is cups is nonsense.

You have very little control on who you play with,, who your coach is or even the ability of your GM.

If all that mattered for who was a better player was who won the most cups than Henri Richard would be the greatest of all time. Followed by 10-12 more Canadiens

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Toews was never really much of an offensive force. Has 1 shortened season of being above a ppg by a hair, and one season being just below ppg by a hair.

Otherwise nothing overly notable on that side of the game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
As players individual players the Leaf duo pretty easily win this but until they win as a team that’s pretty hollow victory.

Reactions: IPS

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Tough argument but I'd have to say Toews-Kane until Matthews-Marner at least win some in the playoffs

They will be the better duo but it's not proven yet.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I know what you were trying to get at, so I'm just ribbing you for shits and giggles, but it's kind of like asking...

If we take away the speed component, does Ilya Mikheyev have a harder shot than Shea Weber?🤣🤣

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Kane-Toews are better. It's a ridiculous premise and nothing but mental gymnastics to take away their playoff success while simultaneously giving the Leafs duo a pass on theirs.

They were already cup champs and were on their way to a 2nd cup when they were M&M's age. Meanwhile our duo can't even get out of the first round. Ridiculous.
They were also the final pieces (same in Pittsburgh) where ours came at the start.

I don't get how people still can't piece that together.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
well for one Matthews is a far better player than Toews. come on.

this thread is just another excuse to talk about the playoff losses again

what will you guys do with yourselves if the Leafs do win a round??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad