Seth Jones

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Im sorry if he has been already spoken about. The search option doesnt work of HF.

How has man child looked in camp?

Any part of his game that looked notably improved/different?

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Im sorry if he has been already spoken about. The search option doesnt work of HF.

How has man child looked in camp?

Any part of his game that looked notably improved/different?
He's gotten slightly bigger, but not as a detriment to his speed/quickness/agility. I think his main offseason workout plan was to get his endurance up so that he doesn't get dead legs again this season.

I fully expect him to play like he did towards the beginning of last season for most of the season this year. I think he already hit his "sophomore slump" in the second half of last season.

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
He's gotten slightly bigger, but not as a detriment to his speed/quickness/agility. I think his main offseason workout plan was to get his endurance up so that he doesn't get dead legs again this season.

I fully expect him to play like he did towards the beginning of last season for most of the season this year. I think he already hit his "sophomore slump" in the second half of last season.

I may be a little optimistic. I can see him getting 10g 30a this year and by the time hes 21 will be the best Dman in the game.

This kid is something else with his body structure and agility.

He may be the one defenseman who might revolutionize his position his Orr.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
I may be a little optimistic. I can see him getting 10g 30a this year and by the time hes 21 will be the best Dman in the game.

This kid is something else with his body structure and agility.

He may be the one defenseman who might revolutionize his position his Orr.

He's a very good player, but to even come close to being one of the top 10 defensemen in the league by the time he's 21 is a stretch. He will continue to improve, and the Preds are fortunate to have him, but he's not in the caliber of the upper echelon any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
H's a very good player, but to even come close to being one of the top 10 defensemen in the league by the time he's 21 is a stretch. He will continue to improve, and the Preds are fortunate to have him, but he's not in the caliber of the upper echelon any time soon.

Agree. He'll be good one day for sure, and I get the hype.
Right now though, borderline 2nd pair Dman.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The great thing about Seth Jones and his position right now is that he doesn't have to be some elite defender. He will also have a good partner in Ekholm if that is how things work out, though both of them being so inexperienced if a concern.

He has plenty of time to grow. No sense in rushing it. By the time he's 21 I expect him to be a full year more experienced in the NHL than he will be by the time he's 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad