Seth Jones' Future Part II: Jonesing for a trade? (Sportsnet reports he wants to test free agency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I don`t think we need Kirby Dach and Alex DeBrincat so much. But if Chicago doesn`t want to trade nobody from the couple Reichel/Boqvist and give Jarmo Kubalik, Murphy. Beaudin and Mitchell without Reichel or even Dylan Strome, I doubt Jarmo will agree. And I`m worried that this is what is happening.

Two of Boqvist, Reichel, #11 or 2022 1st need to be coming the other way tonight. Otherwise, Jarmo should hold. If that isn't offered by Chicago today/tonight, then other opportunities that will likely be better will present themselves in the future.

Even if better opportunities don't present themselves, he'll be able to get something later down the line that's at least equivalent to a Mitchell + 2nd + Strome or whatever Chicago is offering oh-so-generously to "try hard" to help us get something done. And he'll show he won't be pushed over, an important factor in future negotiations (if this was the only trade Jarmo would make, that's not that big of a deal. But given this 'game' of trading will repeatedly happen in the future, it's important to show you won't just be a pushover. Similar to the prisoner's dilemma, where the rational decision can vary depending on whether it's a one-time game or infinite.)

I've now brought up sunk costs and prisoner's dilemma in separate posts this week. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Two of Boqvist, Reichel, #11 or 2022 1st need to be coming the other way tonight. Otherwise, Jarmo should hold. If that isn't offered by Chicago today/tonight, then other opportunities that will likely be better will present themselves in the future.

Even if better opportunities don't present themselves, he'll be able to get something later down the line that's at least equivalent to a Mitchell + 2nd + Strome or whatever Chicago is offering oh-so-generously to "try hard" to help us get something done. And he'll show he won't be pushed over, an important factor in future negotiations (if this was the only trade Jarmo would make, that's not that big of a deal. But given this 'game' of trading will repeatedly happen in the future, it's important to show you won't just be a pushover. Similar to the prisoner's dilemma, where the rational decision can vary depending on whether it's a one-time game or infinite.)

I've now brought up sunk costs and prisoner's dilemma in separate posts this week. What a time to be alive.
It`s good that Jarmo knows to be hard so IMHO he`ll shold. Of course we can`t get all but the most yes.

Reactions: Long Live Lyle

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I would wonder what the chance is is goes down when Chicago is on the clock tonight depending on who is available at that time. Could it be that Jarmo is high on someone who could be a difference maker in a deal? I keep hearing Cole Sillinger's name thrown around in that ballpark.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We're in no need to get a deal done today.

I don't know where the "CBJ has no leverage" is coming from. When the music stops on or shortly after July 28, there will be desperate teams scrambling for a chair on defense. Would be wonderful to get a fair deal done today and be able to move on, but not a necessity in the slightest.

Hold your ground, Jarmo.
Jarmo gets leverage if another team gets serious. Right now all I hear is Chicago. We need a 2nd bidder to drive the price up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad