Podcast (Audio) Seth Jarvis on Spittin Chiclets

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Couple other things I missed

He is scared of the Burns coffee. Says everyone he's seen who has tried it ends up shitting their insides out about 5 mins later

He also developed a rep on the team because he would use some kind of green cream on his legs after games to help them heal, he doesn't even know what the shit is, and it would always come off in the hot tubs leaving a film behind. Said he's better at keeping it clean from now, but knows the rep is probably there to stay.

Also, Skjei calls him Tons of Fun, because BS thinks he's gotten fat, lol
Is Burns coffee laced with peyote?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I thought that from his rookie season when he was on the bench mapping out something to Staal. Just more confirmation.
The cherry on top was them scoring shortly after he did that. That and the game against the devils where he scored on what was basically a 1v3 we’re what cemented in my mind how special he was going to be.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
the podcast hosts were the ones commenting/joking on the Canes giving shit deals and doing the "bergeron" thing where they won't pay anyone more than Aho is making, etc. Jarvis wasn't even joining in on those jokes at all. His only comments were that he and Guentzel give each other shit about who is going to take more of a hometown discount, and one of Jarvis' retorts is that Jake would be asking for 11+

Nothing is concerning in a podcast interview where the hosts put him on the spot. If anything him saying the guys in the locker room talk about taking a hometown discount could be somewhat encouraging
My take away from this was a positive.... Guentzel is okay with a Carolina extension....

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
And to think I wanted Askarov or Amirov (RIP) over him…
I wanted Jarvy way early but didn't think we'd ever pick that high. Goalies seem too voodoo to grab that early...Shesty & Soro were 3rd/4th rounders. Askarov & Knight were 1st rounders

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018

he might already be the face of the franchise

Not completely discounting that…. But I’m willing to wager it has more to do with entertainment factor and he hasn’t quite had enough stuff come back to bite him in the derrière yet to have him be leery about saying stuff in interviews. So he is willing to let juicy bits slip or offer more details than the other preprogrammed cliche player clones that talk a while and literally say nothing in terms of real info or detail. These talking heads couldn’t care less about the guests and just want something to make their hits have more pop and be click worthy. Note the chiclet guys trying to egg Jarvis on to play along and say something controversial when they were getting rowdy about his next contract with the team…. To a degree it worked with Jarvis talking about he and Guentzel joking about who is going to eat more of the cap with their deals…. I bet Guentzel agent did NOT want that shared and having the Canes leadership hear that……Jarvis has given more legitimate inside specifics on how we actually run plays than any other hurricane I have seen in an interview. He comes across as the Tom Holland of the Hurricanes, where may have to be careful about sharing info with him if he can’t keep from accidentally or on purpose talking about it in the media interviews…. I think I got that reference correct right? Wasn’t the spiderman guy famous for telling stuff he wasn’t supposed to? Jarvis comes across really well in these media spots as relatable and charismatic. In a sea of robots spouting the same cliches in a wooden fashion of course they are going to book that instead of the 3456th iteration of the same wooden hockey player interview :)

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024

he might already be the face of the franchise

He's definitely the best "personality" of the franchise resign the man! No bridge deal 8 years he wants to be a Cane and I have no doubt he's a perennial 30g scorer

Jarvy embodies what it means to be a Cane IMO all effort 125% of the time even though he's a key goal scorer he plays just as hard defensively and is just as willing to lay out and make a sacrifice to block a shot as he is to score key goals.

I'll never forget him taking that blade to the grill vs Tampa Jarvis is a warrior.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad