Confirmed with Link: Seth Helgeson re-signed. 2 years. Two way 15/16. One way 16/17.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Expected but nice. Guessing 600K 2-Way

Edit: Didn't see 2-Way 1st year, 1-Way 2nd. Didn't know you can do that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good for Hulk. Good player to have around. Potential thumper to anchor a bottom pairing.

I didn't know you could do a contract like this.

The Devils did it with Gionta's deal after 2012, one way in the first year then two way in the second (or other way around), of course it didn't matter since there wasn't much of a chance he'd get sent down lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Devils did it with Gionta's deal after 2012, one way in the first year then two way in the second (or other way around), of course it didn't matter since there wasn't much of a chance he'd get sent down lol

Yeah that's my first thought. Gionta's was a one way the first year, then two way in the second year I believe.

Helgeson's appears to be the other way around.

And hopefully this staff will treat him better than the last staff did, sending him to Albany so we could call up and play the worst athlete in the history of sports.

If they want him to spend some more time in Albany to start the year though, I won't be opposed to that. Since it won't be Mark ****ing Fraser that's up in his spot. It would likely be Hrabarenka IMO.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah that's my first thought. Gionta's was a one way the first year, then two way in the second year I believe.

Helgeson's appears to be the other way around.

And hopefully this staff will treat him better than the last staff did, sending him to Albany so we could call up and play the worst athlete in the history of sports.

If they want him to spend some more time in Albany to start the year though, I won't be opposed to that. Since it won't be Mark ****ing Fraser that's up in his spot. It would likely be Hrabarenka IMO.

Also Moore and Moesik. There is decent competition for the 6th and 7th spots.

He is the only stay at home physical guy we have until Santini gets here so Hulk might have an inside track for at least the 7th spot.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
he's a "is what he is" type player but he looked decent as a rookie playing bottom pairing minutes, no reason to not have someone like that hanging around.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also Moore and Moesik. There is decent competition for the 6th and 7th spots.

He is the only stay at home physical guy we have until Santini gets here so Hulk might have an inside track for at least the 7th spot.

I actually really think Hulk will be the number 7. I think he's got the inside track of Hrabarenka.

I don't see him beating out Moore for the 6th spot though, unless Moore is REALLY bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I actually really think Hulk will be the number 7. I think he's got the inside track of Hrabarenka.

I don't see him beating out Moore for the 6th spot though, unless Moore is REALLY bad.

I think that physical edge gives Hulk the edge for the 7th spot. If Hynes was to change it up and get physical one night he can throw Hulk in compared to going more offensive and faster with Moore.

Hrabarenka and Moesik need to beat Moore out to make the team I think.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The second year being 1 way also apparently discourages people from claiming him should NJ need to send him down as he'd have to pass through waivers.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
interesting contract, good signing. something about this doofus really tickles my knickers

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
The second year being 1 way also apparently discourages people from claiming him should NJ need to send him down as he'd have to pass through waivers.

If we're waiving him in the second year of his contract, it'll probably be irrelevant whether he's claimed or not.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If we're waiving him in the second year of his contract, it'll probably be irrelevant whether he's claimed or not.

I think he meant the extra year one-way would discourage people from claiming him this season, since I doubt he'll be cracking the top-6 on opening night.

If he starts the season stashed in Albany he should be a fairly safe bet to pass waivers with that extra full-price year.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Helgeson's not eligible for waivers, he signed his first contract at 23 which gives him 3 years before he's eligible. He'd be eligible if he played 38 more NHL games, but it's doubtful he could play 38 games and then be sent down.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
:rant:
I think he meant the extra year one-way would discourage people from claiming him this season, since I doubt he'll be cracking the top-6 on opening night.

If he starts the season stashed in Albany he should be a fairly safe bet to pass waivers with that extra full-price year.

Yeah, this lol

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

If he starts the season in Albany, he won't have gone through waivers, because he's not eligible yet. But I guess if he comes up and plays 38 games and then needs to be waived after that, another 1-way year would indeed discourage other teams from taking a flyer. But that sorta leads back to my original point where, if we're waiving him halfway through the season, it probably means he's played like crap and no one will want him anyway.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't worry about him getting picked up guys.

It's not like he's as good as the legendary Alexander Urbom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad