Former Bruins Seth Griffith

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I was watching Lyndon Byers on OTR the other day, he said in today`s NHL the smaller skilled forwards can make it and have lots of success. He said there were only a few Theo Fleury types in his day bc the league was so physical.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I put this in wrong thread

Griffith outscoring the mighty Chris Stewart whom lots here are clamoring for. His 1 goal & 1 assist (-8) in 16 games also come with a cap hit of over $4m. Why would anybody want that scrub?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just ask and I`ll PM you my marinade for crow, having had to eat so much, I`ve had the opportunity to test various recipe`s and found one that has worked:laugh:

What sucks for me is living in a world of woman (even my dog is a female, and my unit at work is almost all females including my boss) so my options of being right are few:) so to come here exposing my know-it-all attitude and being wrong so much its getting tough on me....I cant even be right here:cry:maybe I'll take a Buehler Day and go to the gym, get a clam plate, and sit out on the deck reading the Hockey News or this months Red Line and watch all my neighbors leaves fall into my yard

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What sucks for me is living in a world of woman (even my dog is a female, and my unit at work is almost all females including my boss) so my options of being right are few:) so to come here exposing my know-it-all attitude and being wrong so much its getting tough on me....I cant even be right here:cry:maybe I'll take a Buehler Day and go to the gym, get a clam plate, and sit out on the deck and watch all my neighbors leaves fall into my yard

Everyone deserves a day like that...thanks for the suggestion:handclap:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
What sucks for me is living in a world of woman (even my dog is a female, and my unit at work is almost all females including my boss) so my options of being right are few:) so to come here exposing my know-it-all attitude and being wrong so much its getting tough on me....I cant even be right here:cry:maybe I'll take a Buehler Day and go to the gym, get a clam plate, and sit out on the deck reading the Hockey News or this months Red Line and watch all my neighbors leaves fall into my yard

Oh I can so feel your pain. I live with the wife and two daughters. two cats both female, two dogs both female and my group at work of 7 is all woman (including my boss) with me being the only guy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Oh I can so feel your pain. I live with the wife and two daughters. two cats both female, two dogs both female and my group at work of 7 is all woman (including my boss) with me being the only guy.

Guessing your forced to watch the Own Network far too often too

my deepest condolences Scotto

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Guessing your forced to watch the Own Network far too often too

my deepest condolences Scotto

:laugh: actually my wife is not into that Thank God!!! but she loves watching all that medial stuff like life in the ER. Gross stuff there. Yet she turns her head during son's of anarchy when something brutal/gross happens. Go figure.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:laugh: actually my wife is not into that Thank God!!! but she loves watching all that medial stuff like life in the ER. Gross stuff there. Yet she turns her head during son's of anarchy when something brutal/gross happens. Go figure.

Classic,

I have Mrs. Odaat consistently questioning our relationship as I have long been fascinated by the Dateline/48 Hours shows where there is constantly one partner who has plotted against the other.......

always tried to reassure her all will be fine, she`s far stronger than I am:)

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Classic,

I have Mrs. Odaat consistently questioning our relationship as I have long been fascinated by the Dateline/48 Hours shows where there is constantly one partner who has plotted against the other.......

always tried to reassure her all will be fine, she`s far stronger than I am:)

haha good stuff.

man I can't stop watching this goal from last night. Best goal I have seen in a long long time. Hope this kid continues to develope.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So, I declined that trade last night and than Griffith pulls off a ridiculous goal. Just my luck :(.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I was watching Lyndon Byers on OTR the other day, he said in today`s NHL the smaller skilled forwards can make it and have lots of success. He said there were only a few Theo Fleury types in his day bc the league was so physical.

I would argue that he's totally wrong. I think the league is more physical than it has ever been (even if there's less fighting). Pretty sure the average size of players is significantly higher than in Byers' day too.

I mean this is a guy who played in the NHL in the 80's and is talking about how there weren't that many small skilled forwards...uh what? That era was the most wide open free-wheeling era in hockey history. Griffith would have thrived then.

trudatman*

....we should honestly keep a tally....with how many times announcers call sodderberg sidenberg....
you do that list while I track how many times you've made Soderberg into "Sodderberg" (five, so far) and Seidenberg into "Sidenberg" (currently three). adding in your every "Tukka" and others make me question if you are trolling.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
So, I declined that trade last night and than Griffith pulls off a ridiculous goal. Just my luck :(.

:laugh: that sucks bro

He really battle hard through that play last night :handclap:

Cory defiantly had question marks last night too.. shaky most of the game if you ask me.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009

Makes 3 of us. Wife, 2 daughters and 2 female dogs anyway.

Back on topic, it has been fun watching Seth though.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
you do that list while I track how many times you've made Soderberg into "Sodderberg" (five, so far) and Seidenberg into "Sidenberg" (currently three). adding in your every "Tukka" and others make me question if you are trolling.

Why man? Who **** in your cheerios? I surely didn't, I will make my best effort to spell it Soderberg, Seidenberg, Tuukka. Can you make an effort to use proper sentence structure if you are going to critique someone on a ****ing intetnet forum?

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
haha good stuff.

man I can't stop watching this goal from last night. Best goal I have seen in a long long time. Hope this kid continues to develope.

his next goal better involve a back flip or I`ll be forced to come on here and declare him to be a bust of a prospect:laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
My only doubt when it came to Griffith was that I wasn’t sure how his offense would translate to the NHL. Everything else was good enough in my opinion.

A dozen game in and he has 4 goals and 2 assists and continues to improve every game. And once again, he’s proving the doubters wrong. More importantly, at least to me, he has me questioning myself as to why I questioned how his offense would translate.

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/seth-griffith-continues-to-prove-doubters-wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad