Former Bruins Seth Griffith

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Not really, because that's the simple thing to do, like blaming the president/prime minister for everything that happens in a country. Reality is much more complicated, of course.

I'll try again. It's puzzling to me why fans take the lazy, simple way out and blame/praise the GM alone for the drafting process.

Take some time to learn how the process really works.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
And for his next trick he will get a blind behind the back stick in only his left hand tip up right under the bar.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'll try again. It's puzzling to me why fans take the lazy, simple way out and blame/praise the GM alone for the drafting process.

Take some time to learn how the process really works.

wait, you mean Chiarelli isn`t on the road 365 at cruddy barns watching Junior players play, or jetsetting over to Europe for assignments??? Slacker:sarcasm:

I wonder just how much of a potential prospect Chia has actually had to see that player play outside of some highlights here and there, for any GM, I suspect they have to be 100% trusting on their scouts expertise and I`m guessing that the reason Wayne Smith was relieved of his duties is that Chia has seen what we have seen

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
This guy has the poise of a ten year veteran. I don't see his game improving much past his current level, however, I can see him being a 50 point guy for many years.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Holy necrobump.

I remember him having one ridiculous highlight goal where he dangled the hell out of the other team's defense and scored, but other than that was a largely ineffective winger. I do wonder if he could've been a better NHLer if the team has some depth and let him develop on the 4th or 3rd line for a while instead of forcing him onto Krejci's wing and draw tougher defensive matchups, but if you can't produce with Krejci you're probably not going to produce with anyone.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Holy necrobump.

I remember him having one ridiculous highlight goal where he dangled the hell out of the other team's defense and scored, but other than that was a largely ineffective winger. I do wonder if he could've been a better NHLer if the team has some depth and let him develop on the 4th or 3rd line for a while instead of forcing him onto Krejci's wing and draw tougher defensive matchups, but if you can't produce with Krejci you're probably not going to produce with anyone.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s a fine line making the show. If you get a coach that spends some time developing a player, sometimes they get a return.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I still need to see 200 feet or 190 out of him. Seth to me is better suited for other systems- not this one because Claude is a stickler for hard on the back check and chipping pucks in deep and winning battles and control, putting pressure on defensemen that will pay dividends later in their legs, upper body from contact, or doubt in minds. Griffith isn't really good at either to me.....but

he is smart, and adaptable....I think he would be great on Tampa, and not sure how they did not take him. He's 'around' is the best way to describe him, and being around aint to bad:)

Fraser lost Conacher the other night, tried his bag off to get him, A for effort but being on off wing and average skating cost him; Clode noticed. But Griffith is going to have to at least play good defense and get back.

I don't expect Griffith to win loose puck races after dump ins- he's more a 'around the dot guy' and doesn't have the 'back pressure/coming back hard' game to me.....but

he can get back enough and he can steal pucks, clog lanes...he's an opportunistic true and true.
9 years ago I was posting gems like this

Now I have evolved into an HF version of Wayne Symonds - just starting shit hanging on here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad