Claimed off Waivers: Seth Griffith to Toronto

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
Mike Babcock loves his hard workers, and Seth Griffith fits the bill. While Griffith is only 5'9, his heart is well over 6 feet tall. Solid move.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Can't say I've seen too much of him but he stats are encouraging. Why did Boston waive him?
Because nothing he did in Providence translated in the NHL. He has already been passed by other prospects. He's a career AHLer in my opinion. Not much of a loss for Boston.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I would think it would be Laich, considering he was waived and Babcock seems to like Brown.

With Leivo seemingly sticking, at least for opening day roster, and not Griffith not being able to be sent back down (he can but he'd 99.99% be reclaimed by BOS if not another team), I think that means Brown has to go for now.

Other possibility is Leivo is back to injured status (he was cleared last week), or he is being traded. (He was not on the ice for practice today, either way.)

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Can't say I've seen too much of him but he stats are encouraging. Why did Boston waive him?

He shows flashes of talent but will mostly be invisible in the NHL. He actually came onto the team and showed great promise but that quickly faded away. We've given him his chances but he never really impressed.

However, if he can improve his skating then it's a great pick-up for Toronto. Even if he just plays the year in the AHL, he will help your club there by putting up good numbers.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
He shows flashes of talent but will mostly be invisible in the NHL. He actually came onto the team and showed great promise but that quickly faded away. We've given him his chances but he never really impressed.

However, if he can improve his skating then it's a great pick-up for Toronto. Even if he just plays the year in the AHL, he will help your club there by putting up good numbers.

He can't play in the AHL

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Was Leipsic bad in training camp? Why not give him a chance instead?

Leipsic is still about a year away from full time NHL action. He wasn't bad at camp though. He'll be used as a call up throughout the year and likely permanent after the trade deadline if the Leafs are out of it again. Also, Leipsic is a LW. With that said, I think the Leafs will probably use him as trade bait at some point in the near future, maybe even this season.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

He's a small winger who needs to play on a scoring line with PP time to produce enough to justify his spot in the lineup IMO. Give him space, he can score. Just don't expect to create much for himself 5 on 5 at the NHL level.

In the right situation, I could see him being a 20/20 guy. Just need to feed him offensive opportunities. With all the young talent Toronto has, I'm not sure I see that in his future, but you never know. I always imagined him latching on a team starved for offensive talent. Would be a good expansion player IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad