Seth F’in Rollins

Feb 24, 2017
Please do educate me as to why he is so great. His in ring work? Hell yeah he is one of the better guys out there to me. But he has an annoying nasally voice, and really no natural charisma to speak of. Is it the long hair and beard? Cause I feel like there’s a lot of those around. I’m just curious what you guys have to say cause he’s just not “that guy” when I look at it.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Great. Now we've got a whole thread to whine about Rollins.

10 years ago we were pissing and moaning about Cena getting pushed because he was a shitty wrestler. Now we're pissing and moaning about a great wrestler because he doesn't have enough personality.

Feb 24, 2017

10 years ago we were pissing and moaning about Cena getting pushed because he was a ****ty wrestler. Now we're pissing and moaning about a great wrestler because he doesn't have enough personality.
I hear your concerns, and I appreciate your passion.
He is a great worker but he’s got zero personality. Those guys have a place, it’s jjst not too of the card.

Why am I wrong?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well, Rollins is very good in ring. As said, he lacks charisma and personality. There's room for guys like that near the top of cards. I'd like to see him be a bit better in ring or develop better charisma/promo ability if he's going to be at the very top, but WWE has certainly gone with far worse wrestlers at the top. WWE's presentation doesn't do him any favours in terms of hiding his weaknesses.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Please do educate me as to why he is so great. His in ring work? Hell yeah he is one of the better guys out there to me. But he has an annoying nasally voice, and really no natural charisma to speak of. Is it the long hair and beard? Cause I feel like there’s a lot of those around. I’m just curious what you guys have to say cause he’s just not “that guy” when I look at it.
Well he does look like a hero of some medieval/ancient times movie/story/video game/etc.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is his personality and charisma really THAT bad? I don’t think it’s as terrible as people are making it out to be.

I mean he’s no Rock or Austin but those are diamonds in the rough.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Is his personality and charisma really THAT bad? I don’t think it’s as terrible as people are making it out to be.

I mean he’s no Rock or Austin but those are diamonds in the rough.

I don't think anyone is trying to compare him with Austin or Rock, just like people don't generally compare the scorers of today with Gretzky and Lemieux. Even in an era where promo ability and charisma are largely lacking he is no Bryan, Joe, Nakamura, Owens, Lesnar (not for promos but charisma and presence) Woods, Lynch, Asuka, Ambrose, even Cena (who I can't stand). He's basically a guy who is quite good in ring and in great shape and is athletic, likes goofy outfits and bad monikers, and not much else. Doesn't cut promos well, even considering that WWE gives them crap, and doesn't provide any real subtle aspects of character either.

In wrestler terms he's still relatively young so you never know though. Bret Hart picked up steam massively when he was older than Rollins is, Eddie Guerrero first showed signs of a personality in the LWO when he was around Rollins' current age. Even if he never shows much in that regard he could maybe end up as a Benoit or Styles, but he needs to get a bit better in ring for that.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014

10 years ago we were pissing and moaning about Cena getting pushed because he was a ****ty wrestler. Now we're pissing and moaning about a great wrestler because he doesn't have enough personality.
Sorry man, but it's his face! It's so punchable!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Rollins or Cena?

6rZ8g8R.jpg

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
He'd be a lower to mid card kinda guy in any other era.

His promos are bad, they might seem good compared to the majority of the roster but they are horrendous. Typical "I'm the best AINEC." rhetoric.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m indifferent on Rollins. I don’t dislike him, but he’s not a guy I pop for. I find his voice super nasally, and usually get irritated by his promos.

In ring work is very, very good though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad