Prospect Info: Servác Petrovský C, 185th overall, 2022 NHL Draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Slovaks seem to think we got a good one, here. He's an August birthday, making him very young.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Where do you see that? Genuinely curious. Is it in the general draft thread?
There is a thread dedicated to him in the draft forum.

They thought he'd be a late second to early fourth pick with some wondering if he could push the envelope and be a late first early second round pick.

Apparently he's a defensive wizard

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Where do you see that? Genuinely curious. Is it in the general draft thread?

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
You got a steal. Versatile, hard-working player, good defensively for his age and the offensive numbers are decent. Lots of untapped potential here. As a Slovak I have been following him and was hoping my Bruins pick him somewhere in the 4th round. You got him in the 6th, so great value pick there. Congrats, I hope he does well in your organisation!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Got another goal against SUI. 3g, 1 a in 2 gp. Let's see how he does against better competition.

SLO seems like a dark horse to make the final 4, as GER just beat FIN.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I don't know much about this kid, but it looks like he's got a heck of a nice shot.

Looks like EliteProspects.com has this to say:
Petrovský’s offence comes from his off-puck reads and shooting skill. He doesn’t just identify the best pocket of space, he times his movements. He hits the brakes after sprinting to become an option at the top of the slot or sneaks behind a defender’s back to become a backdoor threat. The ensuing shot comes off his stick without any wind up and is often cleverly placed. -EliteProspects 2022 NHL Draft Guide
Other places I'm reading talk about him being a highly intelligent player, inconsistent offensively, average skating speed, good skating agility and balance in tight checking spaces, great positionally, and good defensively. No outstanding skills, but a plethora of good ones. Middle-six to bottom-six NHL center or winger potential.

If he can find soft spots in his opponents defensive coverage and exploit them at the pro level, while staying good defensively, it sounds like he'll be a player. There are only 9 Slovak players in the NHL right now. It would be sort of strange if the Wild added 2 more, Novak and Petrovsky. I doubt it happens, but I hope they both make it and make me look dumb.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I don't know much about this kid, but it looks like he's got a heck of a nice shot.

Looks like EliteProspects.com has this to say:

Other places I'm reading talk about him being a highly intelligent player, inconsistent offensively, average skating speed, good skating agility and balance in tight checking spaces, great positionally, and good defensively. No outstanding skills, but a plethora of good ones. Middle-six to bottom-six NHL center or winger potential.

If he can find soft spots in his opponents defensive coverage and exploit them at the pro level, while staying good defensively, it sounds like he'll be a player. There are only 9 Slovak players in the NHL right now. It would be sort of strange if the Wild added 2 more, Novak and Petrovsky. I doubt it happens, but I hope they both make it and make me look dumb.
As a Slovak, I’ve never heard of this Novak guy, so he’s definitely Czech.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00