[Serious] Visiting Sweden this summer

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Hello, I don't post in the lounge really as I don't think I ever understand what is being said 90% of the time...but I'm hoping someone can point me towards some advice regarding what to do/not to do as an American headed to Sweden in the summer.

I'm hoping to hit up that "we have sun for like 22 hours" or whatever day they have with the festival(s) and all that noise...

Anything I absolutely need to see? Anything I should absolutely stay away from?

Definitely would want to check out night life, anything hockey related, anything historical...

I know there's a number of Swedes on the board, maybe you guys could point towards some useful, real (i.e. not some idealized, AAA brochure) resources...?

MVH,

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hello, I don't post in the lounge really as I don't think I ever understand what is being said 90% of the time...

I think the lounge has turned into a bunch of 25 and under internet bros repeating inside jokes and one liners.

Take your question to the Sweden hockey talk board and that should give you a better chance of getting a helpful response. It's not super busy but you may actually get tips from some Swedes there.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I think the lounge has turned into a bunch of 25 and under internet bros repeating inside jokes and one liners.

Take your question to the Sweden hockey talk board and that should give you a better chance of getting a helpful response. It's not super busy but you may actually get tips from some Swedes there.

I'm 26 you fool

:laugh: Appreciate it. EHM bro :thumbu:

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Dog

Guerzy is like 48, he's got 7 children lol

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

ray is at least in his early 50s and watches judge judy every day

shows what you know BUDDY

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Have you seen RayP noway can he be under 25 and be that Handsome

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

It's went to ****. Barely post here anymore.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I would suggest going to the first beach you see and digging up that McDonalds the american girl surely buried there as its been a sufficient amount of time and is likely prime to eat. What a surprise would she have when she returned to dig it up and feed it to her professor friend!

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Most people I know going to Sweden just buy some alcohol and travel to Norway - which is a much much nicer place - except for the high prices on alcohol - which is then less of a problem for you having brought your stuff from Sweden.

Stockholm is a really nice city. I also like the south eastern part. The rest is a bit meh. I mean it is peaceful, safe etc., but not exactly very exciting.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I went to Stockholm during Spring Break in college. It was 2006, the year of the lockout. I wanted to watch some hockey and visit a friend who I went to high school with who was living in Finland (his native country), as well. I saw a Djurgarden playoff game at the Globen and a Jokerit playoff game at Hartwall.

I had a good time, but it was more expensive than I bargained for -- like $7-$9 for a drink or beer at a bar, $20 for a meal at a decent restaurant. Also, don't buy drinks for women at a bar. They aren't impressed by it, and from what I was told it violates their sense of gender equality as I was told from my pal in Helsinki. That said, Swedes and Finns are generally easy to get along with and are friendly after proper introductions are made.

Stay away from buying Dalarna Horses as gifts if you are buying them for your girlfriend at home. I paid $50 for one, and she was very unimpressed.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
If you're going to Stockholm in the summer you should go on a boat trip in the archipelago, maybe even rent a place for a night:

Sk%C3%A4rmavbild-2015-03-05-kl.-09.36.22.png

Don't know what else you might want to do to be honest. If you ask me Sweden is a nice place to live but probably a bit boring to visit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad