Sergei Shirokov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharlamov17

Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
What does everyone think of Sergei Shirokov's performance in the WJC so far? He's got two goals, one assist, and eight penalty minutes. Shirokov has taken 15 shots through the first four games, second on the Russian team to Malkin, who has taken 21 shots.

Do you think that any NHL teams will draft Shirokov based on his performance in the 2006 WJC? Contrary to what has been posted by some in the past, I know that Shirokov is very interested in pursuing any NHL opportunities that may be available to him.

I'm really curious what, if anything, the scouts are saying about Shirokov.

Last edited:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
He had a very good WJC last year where he was one of the top scorers, he's having a decent season with CSKA Moscow back in Russia, but I have heard nothing about his play so far this tournament..

I think if he filled out the draft papers though, he could easily be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round as he's a pretty good hockey player with a bit of a physical edge.

Although come to think of it, without an agreement between the NHL and Russia, he probably wouldn't go earlier than a 6th or 7th round..

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
One word about Shirokov, consistency! He is always dangerous and he is one of the guys there who gives Russia this offensive depth.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
also, him and Lemtygov are my favorite Non-Malkin's

I'm so happy they get to be on the same line :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad