Sergei Fedorov is Un-retiring!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
@dchesnokov:

43 year old #KHL CSKA GM Sergei Fedorov is un-retiring, according to SovSport; will play this Friday in the #KHL.

One of my favorite players of all time, I hope he can still go.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He talked about this in interviews last year, that he was sitting out because of his back but was not officially retired. Guess he feels the back is ready to go. Unfortunately that means no chance at the Winter Classic Alumni game something he was committed to last year before it was wiped out by the lockout. Still hold out hope his jersey will be retired in Detroit, thought that event might start the healing process with a lot of the fence sitters on him.

But great to see, look forward to checking out a CSKA game sometime soon and seeing #91 fly around.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Good for him.

Wish we'd see him in the Winter Classic Alumni game though.

tohaa

Apr 23, 2012
lol
he's the GM of CSKA who are worse off with bad luck/injuries this year than...anyone ever I think
he also just signed David Nemirovsky who hasn't played hockey for 2 years
it's desperation

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Way to delay your HOF induction.:p:
also this probably means now show for the WC :(

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wow my guy,

Hopefully it's not about money

Fedorov did lose a ton of his money, because he got scammed by his money manager.

For nearly 20 years, former Red Wing great Sergei Fedorov has victimized opponents with slick skating and a deadly shot.
Now he says he is the victim, swindled out of $43 million by a Grosse Pointe Shores man entrusted to manage his money.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/2009-07-23-sergei-fedorov-financial-adviser_N.htm

It is unknown just how much money he recouped as a lot of men were in similar suits against Joseph Zada. While an extremely rich person, not much has been written about how this suit turned out and he was not the only one pursuing money.

I hope Sergei is not back just because of money, he did state openly he wanted to continue playing in other interviews last year but his health (back) prevented him last season and he jumped at the chance to manage CSKA. But the fortune many believe Sergei has isn't quite there. He was cheated out a lot of his American money and there were rumors for years that he had to fork over some of his early NHL earnings to less than desirable Russian businessmen.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
This sucks, now he won't be in town for the alumni game. Wish Tampa would fire Yzerman so he would participate. Add in Probert and Burr having passed away and nor going to be there and Vladdy obviously unable this is going to be boring. Wooo we got Lidstrom the most boring super star ever.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Fedorov did lose a ton of his money, because he got scammed by his money manager.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/2009-07-23-sergei-fedorov-financial-adviser_N.htm

It is unknown just how much money he recouped as a lot of men were in similar suits against Joseph Zada. While an extremely rich person, not much has been written about how this suit turned out and he was not the only one pursuing money.

I hope Sergei is not back just because of money, he did state openly he wanted to continue playing in other interviews last year but his health (back) prevented him last season and he jumped at the chance to manage CSKA. But the fortune many believe Sergei has isn't quite there. He was cheated out a lot of his American money and there were rumors for years that he had to fork over some of his early NHL earnings to less than desirable Russian businessmen.

He's gotta be doing pretty well you would think. He made a ton while in Detroit and his endorsement deals. Any idea what he was being paid to play in the KHL before? I would imagine he had a pretty nice deal as he has to be a huge draw there.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006

You do realize that he won't be getting paid, right? He's the team's GM.

As for his money, he lost all he had to that guy, but he made 4M with the Caps and then over 10M his 3 seasons in the KHL, so he'll be alright.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He needs to show his brother how its done!! ..Calls his brother to the GM room, "sorry your sitting in the stands next game" ....Fedor - "for who" Sergei "cough, well a much better player, sorry"

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You do realize that he won't be getting paid, right? He's the team's GM.

As for his money, he lost all he had to that guy, but he made 4M with the Caps and then over 10M his 3 seasons in the KHL, so he'll be alright.

I understand he still has some, my point is there are people that think he is still walking around with the amount he really should have or don't understand just how much money was taken from him. Really is a shame, have not heard an update on how much he can recoup if any.

VladNYC*

1 G 1 A. Book it lol!

Love this guy. Helping his team out when everyone is injured. :handclap:

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
I hope he plays several games ... if he plays in Prague on the 19th, I will drive there immediately and witness Fedorov's greatness for the first time with my own eyes!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad