Trade: Serge Ibaka to the Raptors for Terrence Ross & 2017 1st

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I wonder what did they get for him, that Oladipo trade looks worse with each passing day. Total clown show in Orlando.

EDIT:

Horrible.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
The loss of Ross is pretty negligible when Powell can just step in to those minutes and probably perform better.

images

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
HUGE! We could still use another scorer but this is a step in the right direction. We've needed someone at the 4 since Bosh/the Bargniani disaster. Excited to see what else Masai is up to.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Definitely like this deal for the Raptors. Still have the Cavs as automatic finalists but this makes things a little more intriguing at least.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Great move for Toronto. Ibaka is having a down year but he is a great fit for the Raps right now and in the future assuming they're able to resign him in the summer.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Love it. Now need to make a push for someone like Gallinari.

C - JV
PF - Ibaka
SF - Gallinari
SG - DeRozan
PG - Lowry

That 5 and a solid bench gives Toronto their best chance of beating the Cavs.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Wow this is such a big deal for the Raptors. A stretch 4 was our 1st, 2nd and 3rd need.

If we're able to trade Carroll for cap space and get Gallinari like the latest rumors suggest, we're in a damn good position to compete with the Cavs.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Kevin love is out at least 6 weeks

Toronto doesn't have LeBron James.

Deal is fine to me as Ibaka is a rental for Toronto. Could resign...but I doubt it unless they overpay and/or Ibaka's stock continues to decline.

This is also a move in hopes of obtaining the #2 seed. As one really doesn't exist right now outside of Cleveland. If Toronto can do that, at least they could avoid Cleveland until the ECF if they get that far.

Orlando just continues to be a dumpster fire.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No-brainer trade for the Raptors. They didn't give up much and get the starting stretch four they badly needed. Great job by Masai.

I wouldn't want to be the team that gives Ibaka his next contract though. It has disaster written all over it.

Not much to really say about the Magic. They have zero clue what they're doing. Traded Oladipo, Ilyasova, and the 11th pick to get Ibaka. Now they turn him into Ross and a 20+ pick.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ hennigan and the magic. what a disaster that organization is

things actually looking interesting in the east with love out 6 weeks. still think the cavs will end up in the finals though

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hennigan made some solid moves when he first started but its gone downhill since.

Word is Ujiri has been pushing for Iblaka for a long time, tried to trade for him at the draft but couldn't beat Oladipo & a lottery pick. They have a good relationship so theres a good chance the Raps could resign him in free agency.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably the best part about the Magic being so bad is that they stood to benefit the most from the Bynum trade.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
So the Magic trade one of their better players for Ibaka straight up, then flip him for a cap dump and a 1st in the same season?

What even are they doing?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So the Magic trade one of their better players for Ibaka straight up, then flip him for a cap dump and a 1st in the same season?

What even are they doing?

My guess is that Rob Hennigan ( the Orlando GM ) finally realized that Ibaka was not going to resign with them so he figured that they had better get something of value back before Ibaka left via Free Agency. . :dunno:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Wow this is such a big deal for the Raptors. A stretch 4 was our 1st, 2nd and 3rd need.

If we're able to trade Carroll for cap space and get Gallinari like the latest rumors suggest, we're in a damn good position to compete with the Cavs.

I doubt there will be a taker for Carroll, who has 2 more years on his contract at 14 million per season

I'm guessing if the Raps make an offer for Gallinari, it'll involve Patterson, Sullinger and picks/prospects

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Love it. Now need to make a push for someone like Gallinari.

C - JV
PF - Ibaka
SF - Gallinari
SG - DeRozan
PG - Lowry

That 5 and a solid bench gives Toronto their best chance of beating the Cavs.

They got better but I still don't like their chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad