Confirmed with Link: Sergachev signed his first NHL contract (3y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
You guys are setting a pretty high bar here...Josi is easily a top 10 defenseman in the league, and imo as good (if not better) as Weber.

Look at his goal totals, look at his attributes, look at who else won the OHL top defensmen award at 17 years old....

The potential is threw the roof with Sergachev. More so that he'll have one hell of a D partner with either Weber or Petry.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
See, this stuff really bugs me. I'm happy that we drafted Sergachev and I think that he can become a solid piece on the defence down the road. But we already have people penciling him into the top 4 and saying how he and Weber will be the top pairing in the NHL soon and how he is better than Markov and more pronouncements along the same lines... let the kid develop first ffs. I remember how Tinordi was going to strike mortal terror into the hearts of forwards across the league and Beaulieu was a #1 d in waiting and Fischer was this and that... Temper your expectations people!

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Look at his goal totals, look at his attributes, look at who else won the OHL top defensmen award at 17 years old....

The potential is threw the roof with Sergachev. More so that he'll have one hell of a D partner with either Weber or Petry.

I'll take the proven player over the potential.

Josi is a top 10 defenseman in the league today.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Start the 9 games in the NHL and then send him down. Doesn't need to be rushed and there's a lot he can work on.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
See, this stuff really bugs me. I'm happy that we drafted Sergachev and I think that he can become a solid piece on the defence down the road. But we already have people penciling him into the top 4 and saying how he and Weber will be the top pairing in the NHL soon and how he is better than Markov and more pronouncements along the same lines... let the kid develop first ffs. I remember how Tinordi was going to strike mortal terror into the hearts of forwards across the league and Beaulieu was a #1 d in waiting and Fischer was this and that... Temper your expectations people!

A great post - a necessary post. He has potential to be in the lineup this season. However, we dont need him to play this season. If he plays like a pro and convinces management to the point where his development wont be damaged by exposure to the NHL, maybe; but as of now, he will go back to junior and play for Windsor who is hosting the Memorial Cup. I like that we have someone to be excited about, but we should be realistic, also.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Arent ELCs the same? Just enter the amount and have both sides sign.

no, usually the 1st round picks get a decent chunk in signing bonus money and then performance bonuses. The higher the pick, the more complex. I know Galchenyuk had several performance clauses in his bonus.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Please add this OP

Awkward, as usual. :laugh:

But, seriously, going with Weber instead of Subban, and then signing Radulov... it means the plan is to win now.

With that in mind, I'd keep Sergachev up. I don't care if there's some growing pains. If he can be better than our #6D, he stays.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's a standard ELC, no need to read it. His agent probably talked to him about it before he signed.

Yeah but, his agent should have haggled to have beef borscht poutine thrown in, prior to signing.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
With that in mind, I'd keep Sergachev up. I don't care if there's some growing pains. If he can be better than our #6D, he stays.

I'd say there's almost no way they take a Mem. Cup opportunity away from a highly-touted prospect on the host team. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays regular season games for us, as competition is low enough on the left side to make that a very real possibility, but higher ups inside the game tend to think really highly of the tournament as a development "step/stage" so I doubt we see him up for the full season. So another plan needs to be in place.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
For those that have watched this kid, besides his highlight tape, what is the ceiling for him? According to all the analysts, he's a legitimate 1st pairing D man. If you could compare his style to any current or former NHL'er, who would it be?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
For those that have watched this kid, besides his highlight tape, what is the ceiling for him? According to all the analysts, he's a legitimate 1st pairing D man. If you could compare his style to any current or former NHL'er, who would it be?

Everything I have read is that his ceiling is Norris Trophy potential. Big, fast and talented. This was the pick I wanted! I can't believe he was available at 9

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Please add this OP

What a crappy pen to use for such an important event.

I'm only half serious...but a nice pen signifies not only self-importance but also respect towards the person you're handing it to. Imagine going to your lawyer and he scrambles for a pen, not too impressed eh? Imagine going to him and he pulls one out that barely works or is low on ink, not too impressed eh? Imagine going to him and he pulls out a standard bic pen, meh not impressed or disappointed. Imagine going to him and he pulls out a nice Parker pen, impressive eh? Hell, I might even bring him some ink next time I visit him as a show of appreciation for his services. I feel like sending Bergevin a $20 bill and tell him to buy something at least a quarter decent.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

Erik Karlsson without the generational skating ability.

NEOHABS

Jul 2, 2016
Montreal
Sergachev was my dream pick and I will have the pleasure of enjoying him develope into a superstar that he is. Great job Les Canadiens!!!

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Sergachev is a very exciting prospect, it's fun to have guys like this in our system.

Kind of weak (on our behalf) that our new draft choice pops to the top of the list right when he's drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce