Confirmed with Link: Sergachev signed his first NHL contract (3y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Sergachev is a very exciting prospect, it's fun to have guys like this in our system.

Kind of weak (on our behalf) that our new draft choice pops to the top of the list right when he's drafted.

To be fair at least this time it's because the guys a highly touted top d-man not in the NHL currently. Where as before a guy like Scherbak who might not even be a top 50 prospect in the NHL (picked 26 iirc in his draft) went to the top of our list.

Sergachev is certainly a top 50 prospect in hockey.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Everything I have read is that his ceiling is Norris Trophy potential. Big, fast and talented. This was the pick I wanted! I can't believe he was available at 9

Button said John Carlson type IIRC

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sergachev is a very exciting prospect, it's fun to have guys like this in our system.

Kind of weak (on our behalf) that our new draft choice pops to the top of the list right when he's drafted.

Top 10 picks always go at the top of your list, unless youre a really bad team like the Leafs.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
haha when Bergevin was instructing him to initial the document, he said to write SG... Ser Gachev?

:popcorn:

Lol. Bergy was a hockey player, not a scholar, after all. Wonder if Bergevin initialed his contracts BG? Ber Gevin.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

kind of make sense when we're picking 20 and higher for 3 years then you get a top 10 pick where the highest potential D man in the draft falls in your lap.

The ironic thing about people crapping about MB's drafting is that at the end of the day it'll most likely be better than it's been in 20 years.

How much better could we pick than McCarron, Scherbak and Juulsen picking at our spots? People are out of their minds. Scherbak has 1st line upside. McCarron's floor is bottom 6er you win cups with. Juulsen has top 4 upside.

You people are nuts lol.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
kind of make sense when we're picking 20 and higher for 3 years then you get a top 10 pick where the highest potential D man in the draft falls in your lap.

The ironic thing about people crapping about MB's drafting is that at the end of the day it'll most likely be better than it's been in 20 years.

How much better could we pick than McCarron, Scherbak and Juulsen picking at our spots? People are out of their minds. Scherbak has 1st line upside. McCarron's floor is bottom 6er you win cups with. Juulsen has top 4 upside.

You people are nuts lol.

Throw some of that "magic dust", our development program is known for, on them! We'll turn him into a mindless zombie like Beaulieu in 2 years.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Throw some of that "magic dust", our development program is known for, on them! We'll turn him into a mindless zombie like Beaulieu in 2 years.

That is because the organization (AHL) up leaves players to develop on there own more important things to do for the coaching staff and player development AHL up especially around playoff time or lack there of

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I can't get behind this guy, he looks good on the ice, flashy, and has lots of personality. This isn't going to end well so I'm not getting emotionally involved like I did with the last dman like this the habs had.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
So, if he doesn't stick with the team, we lose one year on his 3 yr deal?

No, it slides if he goes back to junior.

The contract kicks when he turns pro (AHL or NHL). And he can't go to AHL before he's 20.

The most probable outcome is he goes back to junior this year and makes the team next year. So his ELC will be from 2017-18 up to 2019-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad