Value of: Sergachev back to Montreal

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What would the Bolts want to make this work. After looking at their roster. They are in a super tight squeeze with Cirelli to re-sign and basically needing to fill out 4 forward spots and 3 dman with only 5.3mill in cap space.

The Habs could send a good roster player back while looking to take a cap dump or even two to make it work.

Is there anything here that could be made?

1st
Lehkonen
Mete
+??? - could be multiple +’s

Killorn/Johnson/Gourde ????
Sergachev

I don’t know just spit balling but Sergachev is exactly what the Habs need.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Isn’t he kind of what Tampa needs the most? High end upside on the blue-line? I get why you’d want him back but I don’t see them biting unless it’s for a similar caliber of young D.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Isn’t he kind of what Tampa needs the most? High end upside on the blue-line? I get why you’d want him back but I don’t see them biting unless it’s for a similar caliber of young D.
It’s just I think they want Cirelli locked up. I don’t think they’ll be able to get what they want in a sense as they are very limited. He plays the left side and Hedman and McDonagh are both locked up long term.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Tampa would ask something like our 1st+ romanov+. And I wouldnt do that as a habs fan. The best way is to offer sheet him. 7 -7.5 mil × 5- 6 years.

A fair offer would be max domi + 2020 1st + jordan harris/mete/ norlinder.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Doesn't make sense. Imagine Tampa would trade one of their vets first. Instead of giving up on 22 year old Sergechev.

Montreal probably better off signing another Chiarot type. Keep their assets. Or trade them for high end goal scorer.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wouldn't it be Romanov+ to start the convo?
Helps with expansion draft slot on D, he may be ready as early as next year after 80+ games in KHL
Although I think Cernak gets moved before Serg

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Tampa would ask something like our 1st+ romanov+. And I wouldnt do that as a habs fan. The best way is to offer sheet him. 7 -7.5 mil × 5- 6 years.

A fair offer would be max domi + 2020 1st + jordan harris/mete/ norlinder.
Offer sheet 6.4 million for 5 years. Give up our first in '21. Tampa be hard pressed to match.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Sergs come back home. No hard feelings. We just saw a french mirage and got tricked by it. We promise it won't happen again.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
what tampa would ask for, is something habs can't afford. Especially if it's suzuki or romanov. doesn't make sense. Have to draft and develop these guys, not trade them for soft wingers :(

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah best bet would be an OS Tampa would need to really think long and hard to match but this depends if Serge isn't pissed off at the Habs for trading him in the first place. Serge wont just be OS by the Habs there are other teams thinking the same thing we are too and if hes pissed off at the Habs even if we do offer more money he might just give us the finger and not even look at our OS.

If we can't land Serge its not a big problem either we move on and see what we have in Romanov.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
What would the Bolts want to make this work. After looking at their roster. They are in a super tight squeeze with Cirelli to re-sign and basically needing to fill out 4 forward spots and 3 dman with only 5.3mill in cap space.

The Habs could send a good roster player back while looking to take a cap dump or even two to make it work.

Is there anything here that could be made?

1st
Lehkonen
Mete
+??? - could be multiple +’s

Killorn/Johnson/Gourde ????
Sergachev

I don’t know just spit balling but Sergachev is exactly what the Habs need.
It might help to give Tampa something they need...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad