Separate Post Game Threads or Keep in GDT?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Same thread. We're not big enough of a board to need a post game thread.

Yup. And if you go to a post game thread, you can't quote people. It serves no purpose and just makes things a little more inconvenient. When you're the Leafs and have three threads a game plus the post game thread, then there's some logic to it. Here? I just don't see the point.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Same thread. We're not big enough of a board to need a post game thread.

Yup. And if you go to a post game thread, you can't quote people. It serves no purpose and just makes things a little more inconvenient. When you're the Leafs and have three threads a game plus the post game thread, then there's some logic to it. Here? I just don't see the point.

These guys know whats up.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
GDT unless we have a GDT that hits 1000 (very unlikely unless we reach the ECF again). After that then a post-game thread is encouraged.

That said, for individual incidents of huge note (talking Orpik hit on Cole big here) a separate thread just to discuss that is fully justified.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
GDT unless we have a GDT that hits 1000 (very unlikely unless we reach the ECF again). After that then a post-game thread is encouraged.

That said, for individual incidents of huge note (talking Orpik hit on Cole big here) a separate thread just to discuss that is fully justified.

Separate threads are allowed once every 4 years, got it. :laugh:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Separate threads are allowed once every 4 years, got it. :laugh:

haha, but no seriously, we're not in the GDT hell of boards like Toronto and Montreal yet where we're going through multiple threads just to cover the in-game action. I doubt we will be shy of a major playoff run. The fact that we're getting 400+ post GDTs now is a huge improvement over where we've been in the past IMO, but we're not necessarily at the post-game thread point unless something major happened in the game that merits its own discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad