Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Wings October 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Wings have so far been horrible.

Now this will be a tough game for the Sens being that the Wings will be looking for their first win.

Hopefully the Sens come prepared and don't underestimate them.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Another game already?! Thought the next was Arizona.

Pumped for the next one. Hope to see Chabot and how he does in a real NHL game.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
wondering if they put Hammond in for this one. Andersons save % below 900. not the greatest form so far. plus back to back.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I think we don't see Chabot until the Yotes come to town with their 5 rookies starting in the lineup. Hammond will start against the Wings I think though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just hoping for some continued improvement and consistency from what we saw against the Habs.

Imagine... all the slow talk coming out vs the leafs (1 GAME), that we don't have the right players to play Boucher's system...... and now we have Habs fans saying the MTL can't match the Sens speed in the very next game.

We are not any faster we just executed and reacted quicker and better. Let's keep it going.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The Sens are bound to improve. They have 4 points in the bank but if we are honest they could easily have 0, 1, 2 or 3 also. All combinations were possible outcomes in those games. Blame Andy, the players or both their gaa isn't exactly reassuring.

I'll have to revise my thinking about our D (especially left side) going for the hits and pinches. It seems Boucher wants them to stifle plays before they start but he is also expecting the centre or winger to skate hard back up to ice to cover for the D. It was pretty obvious in the MTL game. This is one part of the game Cameron tried to institute but was never able to get the forwards to buy into completely. The D would pinch or drive ahead for a hit but the forward was often so focused on offense he wouldn't always come back to take the D's spot. Hopefully that won't happen with Boucher running the show. The Sens left side D are pretty sturdy guys and can be very physical up the ice if they can consistently depend on the support. I'm very interested in watching that part of their game against Detroit.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Puempel should get both back to backs. Replacing Neil.

Not sure if Puempel is deserving of a place in the lineup. Either way, Neil won't be coming out. At least until 1000 games is reached. He's a Heritage player, won't be take out even if his play isn't justifiable or worthy.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Not sure if Puempel is deserving of a place in the lineup. Either way, Neil won't be coming out. At least until 1000 games is reached. He's a Heritage player, won't be take out even if his play isn't justifiable or worthy.

Its not about Puempel or Neil being deserving of being in/out. The fact is they are the 12th and 13th forwards. They will be swapped atleast once in the next two games. Boucher has already said there will be changes in the next two games. Puempel Neil swap is obvious.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I am starting to wonder why you cheer for this team at all.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Its not about Puempel or Neil being deserving of being in/out. The fact is they are the 12th and 13th forwards. They will be swapped atleast once in the next two games. Boucher has already said there will be changes in the next two games. Puempel Neil swap is obvious.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Neil gets taken out. Idk I just can't see them scratching the vet. Could be wrong though, well see what happens I guess

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just hoping for some continued improvement and consistency from what we saw against the Habs.

Imagine... all the slow talk coming out vs the leafs (1 GAME), that we don't have the right players to play Boucher's system...... and now we have Habs fans saying the MTL can't match the Sens speed in the very next game.

We are not any faster we just executed and reacted quicker and better. Let's keep it going.

That's why I kept saying for a while that skating has not been the problem for the Sens. A passive system has you holding position and not move your feet enough. We were playing 5 on 5 defense like we play PK. The Sens have many fast skaters and in general a fast team. They need to play agressive and actively to exploit their strengths (transitional hockey). If Boucher is for real (and looks like he is), he will have them play faster and the Sens will end looking very fast, like they did in the first half of the game against Montreal

Ha ha, I ‘ve been wondering the same for a few years now. :laugh:

I have noticed that poster for the first time a few weeks ago... Heck, his account is from March 2016

What are you saying guys? :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's why I kept saying for a while that skating has not been the problem for the Sens. A passive system has you holding position and not move your feet enough. We were playing 5 on 5 defense like we play PK. The Sens have many fast skaters and in general a fast team. They need to play agressive and actively to exploit their strengths (transitional hockey). If Boucher is for real (and looks like he is), he will have them play faster and the Sens will end looking very fast, like they did in the first half of the game against Montreal

I agree. I think its part of Boucher's system. He is very detailed so reading and reacting to spots , lanes, postitions and quick puck movement will make us look fast.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
The Wings are a team we need to be ahead of in the standings come playoff time if we want to get in the Spring dance. They're 0-2 and Monday is their home opener. A win would be nice and going 3-0 and 0-3 for them to start the season is a step in the right direction I'd say:yo:

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
I think the boys used a lot of energy in the first half of that Montreal game to crush them like that and then you could see that they lost a small step for the end on the second. That's why Montreal came back in my opinion. Habs were a bit fresher and started being first on pucks.

For the third period we recovered but we played our top 6 and our top 4 a lot for that 3rd period.

It's a tough back to back, I hope the boys recover well after so much energy used to beat Montreal.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
This is the worst Detroit team in like 25 years.

Will not make the playoffs. This is a team we have to beat to get there ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad