Post-Game Talk: Sens win 4-3 in SO against the REFEREES

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Fair enough. It might be Capuano. The buck stops at DJ in the end though.

And based on his comments it was his call to have Brannstrom riding the pine.

I thought I read a quote where he said "jack dialed it back to 5" or however he phrased it ....but you're right, the buck stops with him

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I thought I read a quote where he said "jack dialed it back to 5" or however he phrased it ....but you're right, the buck stops with him

I'm guessing I missed the "Jack" in that quote.

I'm definitely not a fan of Capuano's work thus far so this would make sense.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
I knew people would be mad at the Anisimov S/O call, who cares, it worked out. Ottawa won! He’s ~33% on his career anyway.

The Refs were brutal tonight, but Ottawa did themselves no favours with how they played in the third.

Then the benching of Brannstrom... If this is how DJ is going to continue treating him, and ruining the confidence we saw when he was initially put into the lineup, it’s honestly best to cut bait and get something of value for him. DJ Obviously doesn’t like him even though Ottawa has a good record when he’s in vs out of the lineup.

Trade him, it will be better for the player and the franchise if they have a coach who don't believe in him. His developing years are now not in 3 years. He played in AHL for 3 years now for more than 0.5ppg. Nothing to learn in this league.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

No mention of Murray? I mean, Flames had 39 Scoring Chances and 15 were High Danger

Sens are 7-5 on their last 12 games. I like the way they play,

Yes there's been some improvement but there's stll too many games where we lay an "egg", and almost every time it's on the road. We just have no answer and can't play a "good road game" consistently. Major weakness this team has to work on.

36 GF / 36 GA at home
36 GF / 69 GA on the road...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
No mention of Murray? I mean, Flames had 39 Scoring Chances and 15 were High Danger

Yes there's been some improvement but there's stll too many games where we lay an "egg", and almost every time it's on the road. We just have no answer and can't play a "good road game" consistently. Major weakness this team has to work on.

36 GF / 36 GA at home
36 GF / 69 GA on the road...

back to back road wins coming up. But for sure no NHL teams makes the playoffs without a winning road record. Needs to improve

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Nah i disagree. Why switch up the PK with unfamiliar players when the PK is what got us the win. These guys ownd the 4 min PK

Don't try fixing something that isn't broken mid game

It makes absolutely zero sense that White was a PK guy up until this year. Our team isn't a world beater and so he sure as hell should be getting PK time. This isn't about one game.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
back to back road wins coming up. But for sure no NHL teams makes the playoffs without a winning road record. Needs to improve

I'm not even asking for a winning record on the road this year, just play competent hockey for the vast majority of periods, not like 50%

Can't be outscored 2 for 1 over a long period of time, that's embarrassing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad