SENS vs SABRES - "Whatever you can do I can do worse" EDITION

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I'd cut off 2 toes to land McJesus. I do it for the fans.

toe1.jpg

Seriously though, McDavid would be amazing but sadly with Robin rounding to expected form the team may go for a bit of a mini-run.

Hard game to watch.
As for the Lazar comments, he isn't terrible but I really feel he's on the NHL roster so the local media could generate some buzz around the team to sell tickets. Another year of junior and domination against his peers would not have hurt him. He'll probably end up as 10-15 goal, 20-25 assist guy and that's not too bad but not worthy of the hype and press around him since his promotion.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think it's more about where we'll actually draft versus winning the lottery. It is for me anyway.

Ya, 2 points from a win could actually be the difference between drafting say 6th and 8th, especially with the log jam going on around those spots, plus our games in hand.

So.. it does matter.

Edit - in a matter of days and in one game, we went from 5th overall to 8th overall. Just saying.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ya, 2 points from a win could actually be the difference between drafting say 6th and 8th, especially with the log jam going on around those spots, plus our games in hand.

So.. it does matter.

Edit - in a matter of days and in one game, we went from 5th overall to 8th overall. Just saying.

We won't be picking in the top 7. I would bet a lot on that, and it's not that I believe in the Sens

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel as though the only way to explain how flat we looked is that Dean Brown's speculation that Ryan is out with the flu is correct, and it's running it's course through the whole team. We came out strong but the energy level was pretty much gone after the first period which seems consistant with what happens to me when I have the flu... Once the meds wear off, I'm done.

That or we just suck. take your pick.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I feel as though the only way to explain how flat we looked is that Dean Brown's speculation that Ryan is out with the flu is correct, and it's running it's course through the whole team. We came out strong but the energy level was pretty much gone after the first period which seems consistant with what happens to me when I have the flu... Once the meds wear off, I'm done.

Why would you let the meds wear off? :naughty:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Both. Probably both.

And yes, there is one heck of a nasty flu going around the Ottawa area this winter. Nasty and hangs on for weeks.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We won't be picking in the top 7. I would bet a lot on that, and it's not that I believe in the Sens

Perhaps, if the GM trades some veterans to obtain some draft picks and prospects, the replacements might help the tank. Perhaps trading Anderson along with Neil, Michalek, Legwand and/or Phillips might be tempting for a playoff team that wants to stock up for a playoff run. Who the hell am I kidding there! :)

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm cheering for young guys to break out, veterans to prove they can dominate, and goalies to show that they are true #1.
So essentially opposite of tanking. I guess I'm not a good fan. :dunno:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm cheering for young guys to break out, veterans to prove they can dominate, and goalies to show that they are true #1.

I am cheering for that too. Whenever I watch a Senators game, I want to see them win. BUT, I also want a high draft pick too. Conflicting objectives. Oh well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Yes that is exactly what you are and what every single poster who has mentioned a tank has implied.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00