Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Red Wings in Sweden, Thursday 2:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My Lear jet is in the shop for repair, so I won't be flying into Stockholm. Instead, I will be heading to the grocery to load up on pickled herring & knäckbrod in prep for gametime.View attachment 768542
Better get some tums too!

Captain Obvious sez: Now that Chabby is off PP1, we have heavy accurate cannons on the point. Strategic advantage not all teams possess! Imo we should start each PP by pounding a few hard shots from the point, so that will force defenders up high, and open up more plays down low.
Yup and instruct the D at the points to shoot head high; advise the Fs to play near the side boards on the first few shots! That should open up some space in front of the net! :)

• Love
Reactions: chipsens

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Boy, four whole games in a three week span, two of those being matinees?

The league really knows how to get a fanbase hyped for their team early in the season! :banana:

Yeah, getting Canadian fans, of a Canadian based team, hyped up for hockey games is huge problem for the NHL….

1700093086040.gif

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I assume they are playing on Olympic size ice at Aviici arena, wonder if they had a practice at Sensplex Olympic sheet before they left.
Definitely will be an adjustment, I can’t see them changing the pad for 4 games.

Might be The Hybrid size, between Olympic and NHL sized… not sure though
1700093523528.jpeg

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Looking forward to watching JBD...he seems to be getting more comfortable since arriving w happy feet & puck-over-glass. Gotta grow-ur-own RD, not UFA? Go JBD!

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why do you think a light schedule is a gift wrap?

Listen to what players say. The lack of a rhythm is problematic from their perspective
I don’t want to hear “our schedule is f***ed” if we shit the bed December and January

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Our lines have suddenly started looking so much more balanced.

Wonder if that's Alfie influence.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Freaking Alfie just doesn't wanna lose lol. His successor G is the same way.

Love the vibe of this team, it's good they are away from the arena for this game I think. Off ice bonding leading to more on ice chemistry.

I will catch the game in progress around 1st intermission, Go Sens Go!

Professional athletes in their prime and 50 year old Alfie at the top lol

What a beast.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Landed in Sweden a couple hours ago and heading for some pregame beers shortly.

7 am flight from London was hilarious as it seemed to be about 50% hockey fans.

I really am hoping for a big win because I have already been shit talking (friendly ish) Wings fans at the hotel....

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Landed in Sweden a couple hours ago and heading for some pregame beers shortly.

7 am flight from London was hilarious as it seemed to be about 50% hockey fans.

I really am hoping for a big win because I have already been shit talking (friendly ish) Wings fans at the hotel....

True pimpin' playa that Silky Johnson! Enjoy the game, may Alfie win it for you!

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Were tickets to these games really 5-10 USD? Would have been worth the $700 round trip for the experience. I guess hotels might be the costly thing.

Interestingly, I find without all the pads/skates Branny doesn't look tiny compared even next to Stuetzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad