Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Nucks 10pm ET - March 20 2019 - TSN5,SNP

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have no idea how this team somehow beat the leafs 6-2.. shots 13 to 33? Just wow

It was predictable. Once things start going the other way this team struggles to get things back on track. Add in a trip all the way to the west coast where you had to expect them to come out flat, it shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The issue with Duclair is when he doesn't have the puck.

I also think it’s when he has the puck. There’s a lot of skill there and you don’t want to neutralize that but it’s becoming a trend where he over handles the puck and turns it over in bad spots. If he were to keep it simpler at times and use his teammates more he would be more effective. It’s about finding a balance, knowing when you have leverage and when you don’t. I don’t think that’s clicked for him.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I wouldn't say it is effort-related. He just looks completely lost when he doesn't have the puck.

In other words he'll fit right in...

I think he more than makes up for it offensively, but I'll have to watch his defensive zone play harder because clearly him getting 10 minutes a night means Crawford agrees with you.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I also think it’s when he has the puck. There’s a lot of skill there and you don’t want to neutralize that but it’s becoming a trend where he over handles the puck and turns it over in bad spots. If he were to keep it simpler at times and use his teammates more he would be more effective. It’s about finding a balance, knowing when you have leverage and when you don’t. I don’t think that’s clicked for him.

I agree with all this but there's definitely some laziness at play here. He might need a coach/player that's willing to be patient, mentor him a bit more and show him the way.

A guy like Stone could have done it but here we are....

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
That was horrific by Wolanin. That is precisely why Lajoie made the team out of camp instead of Wolanin who is 3 years older.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If I'm the Sens I'm picking defensemen after defensemen after defensemen in the drafts ahead. You need to build from the defense outward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad